Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stereo Change 2003 Corolla

Sullie..

hey guys i want to know what people have done in regards to their stereo,im wanting to change the head unit on a friends 2003 corolla as the factory one is not at all good.Are there any faschias available to enable to fit a single din unit? id like to know what you gys have done

Single DIN look....

4104DSCF0011.JPG

Double DIN look....

med_gallery_1491_429_173346.jpg

med_gallery_1491_689_9367.jpg

med_gallery_1491_689_64177.jpg

Facial adaptors are widely available.

What you want to install, is up to you...

Bing

:thumbsup:

My Headunit:

5029495022_fe663f038c_m.jpg

Notice that on my 'Rolla the Centre console is a little different?

When doing an install on this type of CC you need to remove the hidden screw located here:

5028877013_8dd3610f75_m.jpg

and for good measure...a boot install:

5029493492_2f092d5f7a_m.jpg

Nice install wangtastic, but i'm sure my boot install looks much sexier :thumbsup:

4104DSCF0013.JPG

4104DSCF0015.JPG

4104DSCF0009.JPG

oooo cheeky ;)

Now that I'm (finally) amping up the front Speakers I've been contemplating tidying up the boot, and that's just given me more inspiration :)

Now that I'm (finally) amping up the front speakers I've been contemplating tidying up the boot, and that's just given me more inspiration :)

I wanted a very stealth looking install, but not to lose too much boot space, hence i wanted to avoid the infamous sub box.

If your handy at DIY, try doing a glassfibre install, like i done, more stronger than MDF, but also, you can make the install to any shape you want, than the usual square look.

My Headunit:

5029495022_fe663f038c_m.jpg

Notice that on my 'Rolla the Centre console is a little different?

When doing an install on this type of CC you need to remove the hidden screw located here:

5028877013_8dd3610f75_m.jpg

looking nice there,can you give me a link to where you got the fascia from thanks also did you paint the fascia to match as it looks blue there unless its just the camera

You can get the fasica plate from here clicky ordered mine thursday nite ,recieved it today ,rapid delivery,it fit nice and snug before i had to take it out ,when i realised i needed a ISO adapter :ffs:

thanks for the link however ive found this one so may just go for the cheaper option as its just a bit of plastic hey? CLICK HERE

You shouldnt have showed me that :crybaby: lol ,well iv finally installed mine today ,looks nice and snug,will be putting my subs in soon so will be ripping it all out again soon .

I wanted a very stealth looking install, but not to lose too much boot space, hence i wanted to avoid the infamous sub box.

If your handy at DIY, try doing a glassfibre install, like i done, more stronger than MDF, but also, you can make the install to any shape you want, than the usual square look.

I'm thinking this sounds like a good idea.

How easy is it to take out if you need to access the spare tire or rear lights?

You shouldnt have showed me that :crybaby: lol ,well iv finally installed mine today ,looks nice and snug,will be putting my subs in soon so will be ripping it all out again soon .

I'm sure it looks ok, take some pics, and show us so we can give some opinion

Bing

I'm thinking this sounds like a good idea.

How easy is it to take out if you need to access the spare tire or rear lights?

It has a false floors, so easy to take the spare tyre out, but changing any bulbs is a bit more of a hassle. Luckily, i've only ever had to change one bulb since i got the car from new, but if i do need to change it for any reason, its a 10min process to rip the boot apart :lol:

well i went for a new set up this weekend.

got rid of my JL Audio 10W7

still got my 500/1

trying to shed some weight my 10W7 was adding 25KG in my rear!

my 500/1 put another 6kg on top. So heres the new set up

JL Audio CP108LG W3V3

JL Audio XD400/4

will be keeping my 500/1 :)

It has a false floors, so easy to take the spare tyre out, but changing any bulbs is a bit more of a hassle. Luckily, i've only ever had to change one bulb since i got the car from new, but if i do need to change it for any reason, its a 10min process to rip the boot apart :lol:

Interesting stuff.

I'm planning to take the car off road for a few weeks while I do an engine change, so I might get some help in to do the boot too.

Exciting stuff!

expect a few questions along the way ;)

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! :crybaby:

I would have it off you if your selling it, but i'm guessing it's a little bit bigger than my 10W6, so won't fit into my enclosure

JL Audio XD400/4

Yum Yum :yahoo: that's what i'm looking into changing as well, to change my monster of a beast amp.

Let me know how it sounds, and get some pic uploaded so i can see just how small it is ;)

Interesting stuff.

I'm planning to take the car off road for a few weeks while I do an engine change, so I might get some help in to do the boot too.

Exciting stuff!

expect a few questions along the way ;)

Looks like i better get started taking my boot apart for some new pics then...... :lol:

Bing

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! :crybaby:

I would have it off you if your selling it, but i'm guessing it's a little bit bigger than my 10W6, so won't fit into my enclosure

JL Audio XD400/4

Yum Yum :yahoo: that's what i'm looking into changing as well, to change my monster of a beast amp.

Let me know how it sounds, and get some pic uploaded so i can see just how small it is ;)

ah i would have defo given you a shout for sure! it just didnt cross my mind. Its sold now i do kind of miss it but i never went full into the system after purchasing, I needed alot of dynamat and a better spec box to run that thing.

Well i bought the CP108 today its so damn cute little 8w3v3 in a slot ported box, i will be buying the xd400 4, they arent regulated power supply unlike the slash series but im down to make a compromise because of the size.

Will be picking that up on the weekend. Its not to pricey either 310 for a jl audio amp is not bad at all brand new.

Im keeping the 500/1V2 as i paid nearly 400 for that and its an amazing mono block, they discontinuing the slash series so the only option for powerful amps is the HD ones, the XDs dont pack as much punch as the slash series.

Single DIN look....

4104DSCF0011.JPG

Double DIN look....

Bing

Alpine set up looks fantasticIf you dont mind how much did the whole set up cost (leads facia etc) how hard was it to fit?

Cheers

brez

Alpine set up looks fantasticIf you dont mind how much did the whole set up cost (leads facia etc) how hard was it to fit?

Which cost did you want to know, the single DIN look, double DIN look, or my whole audio setup cost, which i can breakdown to each part accordlingly.

Bing

• 2 weeks later...

Single DIN look....

4104DSCF0011.JPG

Double DIN look....

Bing

Single DIN look....

4104DSCF0011.JPG

Double DIN look....

Bing

How much was the double din?

Now that I'm (finally) amping up the front speakers I've been contemplating tidying up the boot, and that's just given me more inspiration :)

Man-bing I'm like the alpine headunit, how much does that cosy roughly?

How much was the double din?

Ok, this was installed about 4yrs ago, i paid £700 for the Alpine H/U, £100 for the toyota air-vent trim, and £40 for the trim pieces that hides the gaps at the sides of the H/U.

If you brought this now, think i've seen the H/U now for about £450, the toyota air-vent trim would be about the same i would of guessed, but i have seen trim pieces somewhere for about £30.

This is only for equipment only, you still need other bits too, such as ISO leads and aerial adaptors too in order to make it work.

Hope that helps

Bing

So the front channels of the xd400/4 are running the front components and the rear 2 are bridged into the sub?