Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Week Old

Goulss

Well I have now had my new Prius T-Spirit for a week, it has done 1400 miles and what can I say apart from how darned good it is!

Without really trying I am achieving around 50mpg, the ride is very good, leather is very comfortable and soons warms up on a chilly morning, phone connection works really well, once I found out how to put full 7 digit post code in the sat-nag was better than expected, acceleration is really not as bad as I thought it might be,I also really love the HUD and the main display screens.

Do I have any gripes yes a couple of little niggles, I am not sure about the flimsy load cover, does anyone know if there is a more solid one that can be purchased?, why does the display always start on the rear seat belt view, route selection on the sat-nag is a bit of a guess as you can't really see the route properly.

All in all as a veteran of countless company cars and well over a million miles I think I can already say that I think this is going to be a very happy partnership.

All the best.

Stewart

Do I have any gripes yes a couple of little niggles, I am not sure about the flimsy load cover, does anyone know if there is a more solid one that can be purchased?, why does the display always start on the rear seat belt view, route selection on the sat-nag is a bit of a guess as you can't really see the route properly.

Hi Stewart,

Glad to hear you're enjoying your new Prius! Mine is days away from its first anniversary and I still look forward to driving it each day, even the morning commutes :)

The rear seatbelt view will show if you open either of the back doors before setting off. IIRC it doesn't mention this in the manual: it took me a while to figure out why it was sometimes appearing. You can clear it by pressing the display button (I have a T3 but I think it's the same on a T-Spirit). That reminds me: if you select ECO mode the display always jumps to show the HSI (power/charge bar) which I find irritating as it's already available in the HUD. But hey, if things like this are our main gripes then all the really important things in the car must be pretty good :yahoo:

I'd be interested to hear from the most recent purchasers of Priuses if the dashboard creaks and rattles that blighted earlier examples have been resolved.

I'd be interested to hear from the most recent purchasers of Priuses if the dashboard creaks and rattles that blighted earlier examples have been resolved.

I bought mine in May this year and there are no creaks or rattles whatsoever from anywhere.

I took delivery of my T-Spirit on Monday of this week and it seems to be absolutely rock solid.

Calymene

2 weeks in and not a sound creak or rattle... Even my false teeth don't clack!!!

Thanks for the feedback.

My company's fleet department sends out the paperwork for new car orders six months in advance, which means I need to decide next month what car I'd like to replace my Merc in May.

I'm 90% certain it will be a T4 with leather in Pearl White. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the feedback.

My company's fleet department sends out the paperwork for new car orders six months in advance, which means I need to decide next month what car I'd like to replace my Merc in May.

I'm 90% certain it will be a T4 with leather in Pearl White. :thumbsup:

My t-spirit in pearl white is superb, I actually prefer cloth seats, I find them cool in summer and warm in winter.

Altogether an excellent car.

Hi Seamaster73

I have a T4 in pearl white as a company car. Great choice! :thumbsup:

I did think I heard a dashboard rattle but the story turned out to have a happy ending... you can read about it in this topic The Rattle That Wasn't!

I got the cloth upholstery as I would have had to pay extra for the leather and I just didn't think it would be worth it.

IMHO one of the nice things about the Prius is that it is a classless car. A bit like the original Austin Mini, which was a cool car to have for the big stars but was also an excellent and economical means of family travel. Today, the Prius is the car of choice for all ranges of people, from the Hollywood 'A'-lister right through to the tree hugging environmentalist who would normally have driven a Citroen 2CV 20 years ago. So having a Prius as a company car is ripping up the unwritten rule book on company car etiquette i.e. the more important you are, the bigger and more expensive the company car you have. The Prius instead can be positioned as a lifestyle choice, leaving your status in the company pecking order uncertain. The Prius is for people who like to think outside the box and who are prepared to act accordingly. The fact that it's simply a great car and will save you loads of dosh is a bonus!

R04drunner1

I'm just tight and want to give the taxman as little of my hard-earned as possible. I'd unhesitatingly have another Merc, otherwise.

I'm just tight and want to give the taxman as little of my hard-earned as possible. I'd unhesitatingly have another Merc, otherwise.

I agree - almost. I agree about the tax side of it, after all I choose how ro spend my money, not the government who would only waste it anyway... Not sure about the merc though, they don't fit in my garage...

I agree - almost. I agree about the tax side of it, after all I choose how ro spend my money, not the government who would only waste it anyway... Not sure about the merc though, they don't fit in my garage...

lol..............A Merc the size of the one that Seamaster73 has will fit your garage :thumbsup: (A Class ;) )

The change in your tax code does really help!! Mine went from 366L to a 526L this month! Was surpised at just how much difference it made! Along with that and the fuel you'll be quids in!

I have the T-Spirit in Astral Black and it looks fab, the cloth is great quality and don't miss not having leather.

Have fun ordering!

Thanks, Daisy.

Here's a question for the tax experts. If I change cars in May, how soon does the tax code change? I'm encouraged to read that Daisy's code changed this month, as I had it in mind I would have to wait until the next P11D round?

Hello,

My car was due to be delivered on the 20th September, so I called the tax office the week before and told them the date that the new benefit would apply. The new tax code was sent to my employer that Friday and will be applied from the end of September.

For P11D, you will just notice that there are 2 different amounts with the dates the benefit was taken, and see a reduced amount on your pay slip immediately.

try the website - www.listentotaxman.com and you can easily see what the outcome of the change will be.

Hope this helps!

Daisy

Daisy, that's exactly the info I wanted, many thanks! :thumbsup:

Glad I could help!

If you do choose it then I am sure you will love it, the T-Spirit is a superb car and can't recommend it highly enough! I enjoy parking next to all the Audi's and Jag's knowing that my car not only has better features, looks sexy, but also saves me money! (even if they do ask me if I am carrying any yoghurt or if it is just milk!)

Daisy

(even if they do ask me if I am carrying any yoghurt or if it is just milk!)

Daisy

The milk float jokes are the best :D

I like telling 4x4 owners what my road tax is. :thumbsup:

Daisy

Yeah! My brother bought a rangerover sport, took the P about my gen 2 , and again when the gen3 recalls came out so I pointed out that in the 9 months he had had his RR it had been off the road for 3 months for 'urgent repairs'

Then I got my own Gen3 and mentioned the exorbitant road tax I paid and had a not so quiet giggle.....

Good ere init :yahoo:

Daisy

Yeah! My brother bought a rangerover sport, took the P about my gen 2 , and again when the gen3 recalls came out so I pointed out that in the 9 months he had had his RR it had been off the road for 3 months for 'urgent repairs'

Then I got my own Gen3 and mentioned the exorbitant road tax I paid and had a not so quiet giggle.....

Yep - my preious car cost £405 to tax - so £10 represents a massive saving !

Thanks for the feedback. My company's fleet department sends out the paperwork for new car orders six months in advance, which means I need to decide next month what car I'd like to replace my Merc in May. I'm 90% certain it will be a T4 with leather in Pearl White. :thumbsup:

Toyota customer service are definitely on the ball. I was contacted today with an email containing information regarding the issue of dash rattles from Toyota's technical department. Apparently...

"...following feedback from Prius customers and our network of Toyota centres, a number of

product improvements and modifications have taken place in order to resolve this particular

issue. Prius vehicles manufactured after September 2010 have been fitted with improved parts

and to date we have not received any negative feedback relating to any noise or rattles in these

vehicles. We are therefore confident that our process of continuous improvement has

eradicated this concern."

I've also been offered a Prius on a three day test drive early next month. :thumbsup:

Daisy

My fullsize 4x4 road tax on 58 plate is only £185/year. And before feeling too rightous, do you really think splashing out £50k on a motor would concern anyone about a few hundred pounds?

Yes we've got a Prius as well, but anyone having a giggle about that, oh come on. That kind of money is easily spend on a proper meal for two.

Daisy

My fullsize 4x4 road tax on 58 plate is only £185/year. And before feeling too rightous, do you really think splashing out £50k on a motor would concern anyone about a few hundred pounds?

Yes we've got a Prius as well, but anyone having a giggle about that, oh come on. That kind of money is easily spend on a proper meal for two.

My previous car was £30k rather than £50k but I did resent the £405 road tax.

I hear what you're saying Doesnotexist. I save £3,000 a year in fuel with the Prius and when discussing the car with my customers they are only half impressed with the fuel consumption savings, but tell 'em I get free road tax and they can hardly console themselves with excitement! I mean they get more excited over saving £150 - £200 a year in tax than the massive fuel savings!

Very strange indeed. :rolleyes: