Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Is The Aygo Like In The Snow?

ChillAygo

Since winter is just around the corner and it seems to be getting worse each year I was wondering what the Aygo is like in the snow?

I like it. The skinny wheels cut through snow very well.

The standard rubber is insufficient though IMHO...

That's why this is my first car to be fit with summer- and winterwheels...

What is the Aygo like in the snow?

In one word? Amazing! Expect to slither past stranded BMW X5s sitting on fat 19in summer tyres going uphill.

Remember to keep an eye on your tyre pressures and tread depths though.

Omg, hopefully us lot in sunny south essex won't get any snow this year, we had enough last year to last us a lifetime thank you very much :eek:

Quite good. Bad compacted snow on the hill in my village last winter. All cars ahead of me had big trouble getting up the hill, a BMW 5 series gave up and turned back down. Although there was some slippage, the Aygo made it to the top fine! However, a cars driveability in the snow has as much to do with the driver as the car. People say that rear wheel drive is cr*p in the snow, but if you put some weight in the boot of a rear wheel drive car, e.g some concrete blocks, and you drive carefully then it's OK.

From what I remember, ours was quite competent [in the snow]. All down to the skinny wheels :)

But for those of us with RWD BMWs, BMW UK now offer winter wheel packages ;)

We used ours for three weeks when the heavy snow came. It was absolutely fantastic, which in hilly Yorkshire is a real bonus. It has the perfect combination of front wheel drive, narrow tyres, low weight and low power - just like my previous best ever snow car - a Mk1 Fiesta.

It's easy to get going and easy to stop as it doesn't have much momentum. More than 3mm of tread on the front tyres is a definate requirement if it gets really bad.

Handbrake turns in empty car parks are a hoot too!

Check this video out for tha AYgo in the snow. The car is light,a nd just cuts through the snow. Take car though!

During the last snowfall, the Aygos were doing a lot better than us Yarissesses in the accident statistics!

Omg, hopefully us lot in sunny south essex won't get any snow this year, we had enough last year to last us a lifetime thank you very much :eek:

Tell me about it, most of the network shut down as well

I found mine to be brilliant, held the road with very little slippage :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links