Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Not A Lot Of People Know That.

acetip

hi all

did you know that if you should lock your car with the keys and central locking remote still inside that if you can contact someone who has access to your spare set and has a mobile phone they can unlock the car for you.

if you ring them on your mobile and ask them to put the remote near their mobile phone and your phone close to your car then ask them to press the open button on the remote,your car will unlock.

if your at lands end and they at john of grotes as long as your connected it will work.

if you enter *#06# into your mobile phone and send you will get a 15 diget number come up write this down.if your phone is lost or stolen then ring your provider and give this number they wil be able to block the phone.it wont get it back for you,but who ever has it they cant use it even if they change the sim card

if you need to ring an emergency number and are out of area of your network then key in 112 this will pick up other networks and and get the number for you even if your phones locked. this works worldwide

if your mobile Battery is very low to reactivate key in *3370# your mobile will restart with a reserve charge of about 50%.this will be replaced when charging.

i tried this on my phone but did not work,but then ive had it several years,dont need all singing all dancing one.

it may work on a modern one.

should you be forced by a robber to withdraw money from a ATM you can notify the police by entering your pin number in reverse for example if your number is 1234

then enter 4321 the ATM recognises the numbr for your card is reversed but still gives you the money but also contacts the police and they will immediately dispached to the ATM location, so they claim.

this was on crime stoppers recently.

hi all

did you know that if you should lock your car with the keys and central locking remote still inside that if you can contact someone who has access to your spare set and has a mobile phone they can unlock the car for you.

if you ring them on your mobile and ask them to put the remote near their mobile phone and your phone close to your car then ask them to press the open button on the remote,your car will unlock.

if your at lands end and they at john of grotes as long as your connected it will work.

if you enter *#06# into your mobile phone and send you will get a 15 diget number come up write this down.if your phone is lost or stolen then ring your provider and give this number they wil be able to block the phone.it wont get it back for you,but who ever has it they cant use it even if they change the sim card

if you need to ring an emergency number and are out of area of your network then key in 112 this will pick up other networks and and get the number for you even if your phones locked. this works worldwide

if your mobile battery is very low to reactivate key in *3370# your mobile will restart with a reserve charge of about 50%.this will be replaced when charging.

i tried this on my phone but did not work,but then ive had it several years,dont need all singing all dancing one.

should you be forced by a robber to withdraw money from a ATM you can notify the police by entering your pin number in reverse for example if your number is 1234

then enter 4321 the ATM recognises the numbr for your card is reversed but still gives you the money but also contacts the police and they will immediately dispached to the ATM location, so they claim.

Er, you sure?

What if your PIN is 1221 ? (mine isn't by the way :rolleyes: )"urban myth" springs to mind

Other than the second and third, these are nonsense.

Hardly relevant for this section of the forum also?

hi all

these were sent to me by an angling friend.he sends me all sorts of things including lots of jokes,some of which i would not show the wife.i only meant to show the locked car one, but then thought hell put them all in.

the locked car one is supposed to work,i will try it some time.the ATM one was on crime stoppers on tv so why they would they mention it if was not true.take it all, as i hoped as a bit of interest, nothing to upset anyone.

The ATM story has some basis in fact. According to Wikipedia, a guy in Illinois has invented 'ATM SafetyPin software'. This is designed to do what Acetip describes. However, there would be problems with PINs which consist of the same numbers (eg 5555 or 1122). They tried to introduce legislation last year to make ATM companies adopt this software, but failed.

number one does work.

my auris has smart entry so if you lock car with keys inside it does not matter you can still open car.

but i tested out the claim this morning.

with smart start you only need the remote on your person ie in your pocket.though there is open and close buttons on it.all you need to do is put your fingers around the door handle to unlock door.

using mine and wifes mobiles i tested the system this morning,i was done from about a 100 yards from car so well out of remote range.

wife held my remote next to her phone and i held my phone next to door handle i put fingers around door handle as normal to open car and nothing happened,i then asked wife to press open on remote remote and the car unlocked.

my son is coming around to see me later in the day in his BMW so wil try it on that.

watch this space.

hi all

[ans] Remote key fob works by generating a rolling code transmitted by radio frequency. A phone transmits sound waves... ;)

[ans] not in sony ericssons, blackberries so probably only applicable to some old nokias or something like it. *#06# is a GSM standard command to display the IMEI number

[ans]HOAX. The 112 number does link people through to 999, but it only works if you have a signal on your mobile phone. If you have no signal bars on your phone, it will not work.

if your mobile battery is very low to reactivate key in *3370# your mobile will restart with a reserve charge of about 50%.this will be replaced when charging.

[ans] another old Nokia code, but definitely not 50%... 5% if EFR was activated....

*3370# This Nokia code activates Enhanced Full Rate Codec (EFR) - Your Nokia cell phone uses the best sound quality but talk time is reduced my approx. 5%

#3370# Deactivate Enhanced Full Rate Codec (EFR) .

[ans]HOAX. http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_reverse_pin.htm

How about this one... if you walk away from your car and forgot to lock it and you are out of normal range (say if it works at 20metres away, but not at 25metres) to lock it, put the key-fob against your Jaw-bone... and it will amplify your signal and it will reach the car...don't ask me how , but it does work.

HONEST I do this all the time... ( much to the amusement of people walking by....)

No hoax i guarantee it...

This was demonstrated on Top Gear by Jeremy Clarkson in an early series, and it does work. Any part of your head will do. Not sure what the radio waves do to your brain though