Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Procedure To Switch Off Abs/trc/vsc & Active Steering

kintung01

Why would anyone in their right mind want to do this :ffs:

driving in snow this would be very useful

What knocking off your abs :huh: if you want to do anything in the snow knock off the traction control as stated in the handbook.

Here's the "brake dance" procedure to disable VSC/TRAC on the 2006-2008 RAV4. In 2009 Toyota added a disable switch on the dash. This procedure comes in handy when stuck in snow or sand.

--------------------

1. With handbrake on, pump brake pedal twice (then release handbrake)

2. Hold down brake pedal, pump handbrake twice (then release brake pedal)

3. With handbrake on, pump brake pedal twice (then release handbrake)

Notice that lines 1&3 are the same, and that line 2 is the just the reverse. So the procedure is pretty easy to remember.

Only a light press is required on the brake pedal.

Skid light will illuminate to confirm that it's disabled. It will only stay disabled until the next startup.

Abs is dangerous when driving on snow. Yoyll want trc off aswell. And the vsc is good to have off if your on track.

What knocking off your abs :huh: if you want to do anything in the snow knock off the traction control as stated in the handbook.

yep, the last thing you want in snow is abs. you want to be able to apply slight pressure to the brake without the abs taking the brakes off.

and vcs is crap in the snow, if you need to touch the handbrake to get the car round a corner, it corrects you and sends you straight, when you want to be turning.

Look at the world rally championship, they dont use abs or vcs

Anybody want to try it and let us know if their insurance is still valid in the event of an accident after you've disabled these safety features.... rolleyes.gif

useful! :thumbsup:

I remember last winter trying to navigate my way from the motorway to work down horrible icy roads etc, I shudder at the thought of having to do it again in my comp. I pooped myself so many times when braking and the abs would just drag the slide out for so long with its constant faffing.

Anybody want to try it and let us know if their insurance is still valid in the event of an accident after you've disabled these safety features.... rolleyes.gif

They wouldnt know, it re enables them when you turn the car back on

You'd be surprised what gets logged by ECU's.....

that kind of fault code stays in the memory its just one that has triggered and fixed itself.

To clear it completely requires an OBD tool