Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Vvti - Noise From Stones Hitting Wheelarches

dohc

Hi from a newcomer,

I just took delivery of a new VVTi and immediately notice loud clattering from stones, grit and mud hitting the underside of the rear wheelarches. I was pretty astounded to see that there are no stone guards or inner lining fitted to the rear although they are fitted to the front wings. The MR2 has them but apparently they are not fitted to the Celica. This is pretty shoddy for a luxury sports coupe.

Does anyone know if they are available or if stone guards from another vehicle can be fitted ??

Mick T

• 2 months later...
:eek: I have just bought an imported Celica GT (1994) and have noticed the same, even water from wet roads sounds loud underthe rear arches - anyone know how to reduce this noise PLEASE?

just a tad off topic.. but dd you know that imported cars do not have body underseal like UK cars... some importers do this for you.

as for quietening... try a rubber based sealant bitchumin and seal up sinside the archway further... 30 mins an arch and you will know your arches are sealed tight!

Steve Posted on May 8 2004, 11:39 PM

just a tad off topic.. but dd you know that imported cars do not have body underseal like UK cars... some importers do this for you.

Are you sure about this?????

I do know that cars intended for the JDM only are without underseal - cars like the Mitsubishi FTO.

But as far as I know, the MR2/Celica were 'world' cars - therefore Toyota build them very similar for all markets - therefore they'd all get underseal.

World cars or not, they are altered for specific markets.

JDM cars don't usually have foglights, Uk ones do. So there are subtle differences out there people.

Anyway, it only takes a moment to check if the car is undersealed. If it isn't then sooner rather than later is the time to find out.

Rich

Steve Posted on May 8 2004, 11:39 PM

Are you sure about this?????

I do know that cars intended for the JDM only are without underseal - cars like the Mitsubishi FTO.

But as far as I know, the MR2/Celica were 'world' cars - therefore Toyota build them very similar for all markets - therefore they'd all get underseal.

I have had 2 lexus both without underseal

my brothers MR2 had no under seal

Whats the point of manufacturing a car with underseal for the japanese home market if it is not needed. Each toyota is made to order and underseal would not have been added to the car.

I am not 100% sure on this and I am waiting for someone to give me a definate answer but I was told this by an importer... and when i checked this it was true.

when i went to buy my 96 st202 i was told the same thing that the car would have no under seal but when i looked under the car it was under sealed and it had not being done by the importer.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links