Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Finding Rear Wiper Blade

Richard Davies

I'm having problems finding a rear wiper blade for my 2001 Japanese built Yaris.

I've tried looking online & round shops but can only find ones for the French built ones.

The cross section of the rubber is different so I won't be able to slot it onto the arm.

What do people here recommend?

I'm having problems finding a rear wiper blade for my 2001 Japanese built Yaris.

I've tried looking online & round shops but can only find ones for the French built ones.

The cross section of the rubber is different so I won't be able to slot it onto the arm.

Can't you just buy the wiper blade complete with rubber already fitted?, they usually have a pack of different plastic connector fittings in the box....Unipart, Halfords etc should have one to fit.

Can't you just buy the wiper blade complete with rubber already fitted?, they usually have a pack of different plastic connector fittings in the box....Unipart, Halfords etc should have one to fit.

I could see an arm for the French built ones, but it looked a different shape to the the one on my car.

[

I could see an arm for the French built ones, but it looked a different shape to the the one on my car.

I bought the rubber only from my local Toyota dealer...

I just went to my local motorist centre and got a refill ...cut it to length

Can you remember what sort of blade it was?

Was it one for another car trimmed down?

Just nip down to your nearest Toyota dealer, they sell them for about £7!

It was a length of rubber blade you cut to length as far as I remember

It was a length of rubber blade you cut to length as far as I remember

When I compaired my old blade to one for a French build Yaris in Halfords the cross-sections of the rubber were different, so they can very in shape. The section with the steel strips seemed thicker than the original.

Jap and French blades are different, the Jap blade isnt a blade as such, but forms part of the arm. You can buy the rubber from your dealer. part number 85214-52020 retails at £4.86, you need to pull the blade apart and swap the old rubber for new one, taking care to keep the metal inserts in place

You cant buy an off the shelf wiper blade for a Jap built car, from anybody!

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links