Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo -Water Leaking Into Boot & Rear Footwells

motoxxx3

Has anyone noticed wet rear carpets in their Aygo when it has rained heavily? My wife's 2009 Aygo is soaked in the rear footwells after yesterdays rain. Two of her friends have tonight checked their Aygos and both of those are soaked in the rear footwells - and in the boot also.

Is this a 5 door by any chance?

If so then I believe there is a membrane issue on the rear doors that can let water in. Known issue and it should be easily identified and fixed by your Dealer. Maybe Kingo could shed more light...

If so then I believe there is a membrane issue on the rear doors that can let water in. Known issue and it should be easily identified and fixed by your Dealer. Maybe Kingo could shed more light...

No, my wife's and her friends Aygos are all 3 door models. All three cars have suffered the same problem after the rain yesterday.

No, my wife's and her friends Aygos are all 3 door models. All three cars have suffered the same problem after the rain yesterday.

I find it incredible that in 2010 Aygos are still plagued with leaks.There are far too many at fault and Toyota should be taken to task as to why this is a continuing problem which seems peculiar to Aygos and not C1s and 107s.

I find it incredible that in 2010 Aygos are still plagued with leaks.There are far too many at fault and Toyota should be taken to task as to why this is a continuing problem which seems peculiar to Aygos and not C1s and 107s.

Yes I have heard this has been a problem on the Aygo since it first went on sale. The problem is supposed to be cured on newer Aygos but this is obviously not the case, as the leaky Aygos here are 07,09 & 10 models! The C1 & 107 have different rear quarter panels & rear light clusters to the Aygo and I have been told that the water on the 3 door Aygos comes through the seals on the rear lights.

If anyone out there has an Aygo and you have had a lot of rain go check your rear passenger footwells. It would be interesting to hear how many more have this problem and if anyone has had their cars repaired successfully

Checking my wife's for leaks after every bit of rain and after washing it. So far dry as a bone (fingers crossed/touch wood/salt over shoulder etc....)

A common area to leak is the high level brake light, it has a poor seal and the red plastic can also crack across the washer jet section,this was the only leak i had and would run down inside the body frame and leak into the spare wheel well, and run over the boot floor , and if facing down hill the water will run into the rear floor foot wells, so a small tube of black sealer around the upper brake light, could sort out your problems...good luck.

A common area to leak is the high level brake light, it has a poor seal and the red plastic can also crack across the washer jet section,this was the only leak i had and would run down inside the body frame and leak into the spare wheel well, and run over the boot floor , and if facing down hill the water will run into the rear floor foot wells, so a small tube of black sealer around the upper brake light, could sort out your problems...good luck.

Same place as my 57 Aygo leaked, i removed the seal and put a better quality seal on the upper brake light and i replaced the 2 plastic grommets the brake light fastens into. Luckily as far as the interior of the car it is still bone dry and we have had gallons loads of rain in the last week

2010 Aygo blue, driven in torrential downpours on the friday/weekend and on the motor-way still dry! Also gave her a wash with the jet washer at the local supermarket still dry!

hi all

in addition to motoxxx and co i have also noticed leaking in my aygo in the boot. the spare wheel well had a pool in it and the mat in the boot was saturated at the sides. it seems that the water is coming from the sides, primarily the right hand side but definitely from both. i need to have a look at it to try and locate the problem. though i do believe from reading that it is most likely coming in through the rear lights.

i have read through god knows how many forums in the last few hours of all kinds of problems with leaking. my brain is now officially scrambled and very p*ss*d off.

if someone could summarise the aygo leaking problem with all the most common areas,causes and solutions (if any :-/) then i would be extremely grateful.

my car is a 55 toyota aygo + that i recently purchased second-hand privately

thanks in advanced and i will try to keep you guys posted on any progress i make

hi all

in addition to motoxxx and co i have also noticed leaking in my aygo in the boot. the spare wheel well had a pool in it and the mat in the boot was saturated at the sides. it seems that the water is coming from the sides, primarily the right hand side but definitely from both. i need to have a look at it to try and locate the problem. though i do believe from reading that it is most likely coming in through the rear lights.

i have read through god knows how many forums in the last few hours of all kinds of problems with leaking. my brain is now officially scrambled and very p*ss*d off.

if someone could summarise the aygo leaking problem with all the most common areas,causes and solutions (if any :-/) then i would be extremely grateful.

thanks in advanced and i will try to keep you guys posted on any progress i make

I would suggest you go to the hight level brake light first, as i originally wasted time looking at the rear lights just to find the water was coming in from higher up, and it ends up in the rear corners of the boot floor. i used kids chalk sticks to mark the sides of the boot and around the lights, then next time it rained you can see were the water washes away the chalk.

hi all

I would suggest you go to the hight level brake light first, as i originally wasted time looking at the rear lights just to find the water was coming in from higher up, and it ends up in the rear corners of the boot floor. i used kids chalk sticks to mark the sides of the boot and around the lights, then next time it rained you can see were the water washes away the chalk.

i will try that, thanks, will post again when i can

2007 registered Aygo Blue. Live in Scotland. Regular down pours, and car jet washes.

Car has always been bone dry! Not one leak! :yahoo:

2009 Aygo 3dr. Car has been in to Toyota today. It is the front door seals. They are fitting new ones & new carpets

I stand by comment that all Aygos will leak, the factory fit door seals are insufficient to hold out against the elements over a period of time. Give it a couple of months and they will leak...

I stand by comment that all Aygos will leak, the factory fit door seals are insufficient to hold out against the elements over a period of time. Give it a couple of months and they will leak...

Think you might want to read my post again. 2007! Aygo. Yes, 2007. Coming up to 3 years old, not a drop of water in my car. The seals are not even perished. There are some people on here with cars LESS than a year old, and they leak.

Think you might want to read my post again. 2007! Aygo. Yes, 2007. Coming up to 3 years old, not a drop of water in my car. The seals are not even perished. There are some people on here with cars LESS than a year old, and they leak.

The seals have not perished...some of these leaking cars are less than 6 months old. I understand there is an uprated design of seal available

2009 Aygo 3dr. Car has been in to Toyota today. It is the front door seals. They are fitting new ones & new carpets

hi, was that in Southampton? if so then i was the one there trying to get a new key (who also had a leaking aygo)if not then just ignore me :-D

hi all

i will try that, thanks, will post again when i can

Just been reading all the posts, and so far (Touch wood) mine is ok.

I got mine on the 1st September this year, i will be keeping a close eye on itand the first sign of any leaks it will go back to the dealer under the 5 year warranty.

Will keep you posted after heavy rain lol

Hi - No, we are in North Yorkshire! Somebody else in Southampton with the same problem then...there are probably hundreds more!

2007 registered Aygo Blue. Live in Scotland. Regular down pours, and car jet washes.

Did you buy the car brand new?

Did you buy the car brand new?

No I didnt. I bought my car second hand. The car had 13500 miles on the clock and was from one lady owner who owned it down in England, and moved up to Scotland.

I had joined this site a year before, and didnt hear about the leaks until after i bought my car. I was VERY worried, and after the heaviest down pour, driving on the M8 dual carriageway saturated with water, and numorous jet washes. The car has NEVER leaked. I ve had the car a year and 3 months now.