Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo -Water Leaking Into Boot & Rear Footwells

motoxxx3

2007 registered Aygo Blue. Live in Scotland. Regular down pours, and car jet washes.

Car has always been bone dry! Not one leak! :yahoo:

Did you buy the car brand new?

No I didnt. I bought my car second hand. The car had 13500 miles on the clock and was from one lady owner who owned it down in England, and moved up to Scotland.

I had joined this site a year before, and didnt hear about the leaks until after i bought my car. I was VERY worried, and after the heaviest down pour, driving on the M8 dual carriageway saturated with water, and numorous jet washes. The car has NEVER leaked. I ve had the car a year and 3 months now.

Maybe it had a fix under the warranty before you bought it - or hopefully you were lucky and got one of the good ones.

2007 registered Aygo Blue. Live in Scotland. Regular down pours, and car jet washes.

Car has always been bone dry! Not one leak! :yahoo:

Did you buy the car brand new?

No I didnt. I bought my car second hand. The car had 13500 miles on the clock and was from one lady owner who owned it down in England, and moved up to Scotland.

I had joined this site a year before, and didnt hear about the leaks until after i bought my car. I was VERY worried, and after the heaviest down pour, driving on the M8 dual carriageway saturated with water, and numorous jet washes. The car has NEVER leaked. I ve had the car a year and 3 months now.

Maybe it had a fix under the warranty before you bought it - or hopefully you were lucky and got one of the good ones.

Unsure about what the original owner had done. My car only had 13500 on the clock when I bought her. I asked about the prev owner why she had sold it,and I was given info she wanted a more powerful car, and she part exchanged it for a new Diahatsui Convertable........either way, you still get 2 wet cars when it rains! lol :yahoo:

Cant understand how some cars leak, and some dont. I mean its the same seals. Someone did tell me the seals were upgraded in 2009 but cars from 2010 STILL leak......so why is my car so different in that it doesnt leak?

Cant understand how some cars leak, and some dont. I mean its the same seals. Someone did tell me the seals were upgraded in 2009 but cars from 2010 STILL leak......so why is my car so different in that it doesnt leak?

That's a damn good question!!! an orange to the person that comes up with the right answer!!!

:thumbsup:

Ie just noticed a leak in my 56 plate aygo sport, What do i have to do to my rear brake light? Does anybody know where i can get some better seals for the door cause i noticed loads of water in the rear footwells and in the spare wheel well and the carpets are soaked :(

That's a damn good question!!! an orange to the person that comes up with the right answer!!!

:thumbsup:

Well I wouldn't bank on getting the truth about this from a Toyota dealer

Ie just noticed a leak in my 56 plate aygo sport, What do i have to do to my rear brake light? Does anybody know where i can get some better seals for the door cause i noticed loads of water in the rear footwells and in the spare wheel well and the carpets are soaked :(

If I were you I would telephone Toyota GB Customer services and see if they will do it for you. I know your car is out of warranty but this problem is well documented -they should help you here.

I bought this from eBay. Its self adhesive. I bought 2 to use on both doors, and had enough to use it to seal the front of bumper to bonnet, and is more aero-dynamic.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Car-Vehicle-Door-Rubber-Hollow-Air-Sealed-Seal-Strip-/300476039236?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item45f5c48044

I bought this from eBay. Its self adhesive. I bought 2 to use on both doors, and had enough to use it to seal the front of bumper to bonnet, and is more aero-dynamic.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Car-Vehicle-Door-Rubber-Hollow-Air-Sealed-Seal-Strip-/300476039236?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item45f5c48044

how do i use this like replace the original seals or just put it where the door and bodywork join for a extra seal,

how do i use it on the bumper?

how do i use this like replace the original seals or just put it where the door and bodywork join for a extra seal,

how do i use it on the bumper?

You DONT replace the original seals with the one from eBay. You use this as an additional seal. I bought 2 and I ve noticed it makes the car more quieter for sound insulation, and when you shut the door on the Aygo. It shuts with a solid "thunk".

Dont put the seal on the door! The door frame points downwards so there WILL NOT be a proper seal. You stick the adhesive seal on the car body work. I LL TRY TO POST PICS TO ILLUSTRATE.

The EXTRA lengths you have, I added onto the bonnet and bumper. Lift up your bonnet,a nd you can see ONE seal Toyota have added. I used the extra length to seal the gap from the bonnet to bumper. I reckon it makes the engine noise more quieter,a nd also more areo dynamic for the car. :thumbsup:

my five door 2010 aygo blue is still dry think i may have a lukcy car lol

My 18-month old 2009 Aygo Blue 5dr hasn't leaked yet! It probably will now I've said that.

hi all

in addition to motoxxx and co i have also noticed leaking in my aygo in the boot. the spare wheel well had a pool in it and the mat in the boot was saturated at the sides. it seems that the water is coming from the sides, primarily the right hand side but definitely from both. i need to have a look at it to try and locate the problem. though i do believe from reading that it is most likely coming in through the rear lights.

i have read through god knows how many forums in the last few hours of all kinds of problems with leaking. my brain is now officially scrambled and very p*ss*d off.

if someone could summarise the aygo leaking problem with all the most common areas,causes and solutions (if any :-/) then i would be extremely grateful.

my car is a 55 toyota aygo + that i recently purchased second-hand privately

thanks in advanced and i will try to keep you guys posted on any progress i make

I would suggest you go to the hight level brake light first, as i originally wasted time looking at the rear lights just to find the water was coming in from higher up, and it ends up in the rear corners of the boot floor. i used kids chalk sticks to mark the sides of the boot and around the lights, then next time it rained you can see were the water washes away the chalk.

i will try that, thanks, will post again when i can

update-

it doesn't look like its come in near the high break light it seems more likely that on my car it is coming in through the rear lights seeping in past the seal then running down the sides on the inside (as this is where i found "muck" trails) i applied a small amount of silicone and grease, now all i can do is wait for the rain and hope for the best. though i want to be optimistic it is quite hard after reading so many "aygo leak" stories...

will keep ppls posted (sorry if i am thread stealing :-P)

hi all

in addition to motoxxx and co i have also noticed leaking in my aygo in the boot. the spare wheel well had a pool in it and the mat in the boot was saturated at the sides. it seems that the water is coming from the sides, primarily the right hand side but definitely from both. i need to have a look at it to try and locate the problem. though i do believe from reading that it is most likely coming in through the rear lights.

i have read through god knows how many forums in the last few hours of all kinds of problems with leaking. my brain is now officially scrambled and very p*ss*d off.

if someone could summarise the aygo leaking problem with all the most common areas,causes and solutions (if any :-/) then i would be extremely grateful.

my car is a 55 toyota aygo + that i recently purchased second-hand privately

thanks in advanced and i will try to keep you guys posted on any progress i make

I would suggest you go to the hight level brake light first, as i originally wasted time looking at the rear lights just to find the water was coming in from higher up, and it ends up in the rear corners of the boot floor. i used kids chalk sticks to mark the sides of the boot and around the lights, then next time it rained you can see were the water washes away the chalk.

i will try that, thanks, will post again when i can

update-

it doesn't look like its come in near the high break light it seems more likely that on my car it is coming in through the rear lights seeping in past the seal then running down the sides on the inside (as this is where i found "muck" trails) i applied a small amount of silicone and grease, now all i can do is wait for the rain and hope for the best. though i want to be optimistic it is quite hard after reading so many "aygo leak" stories...

will keep ppls posted (sorry if i am thread stealing :-P)

Point a hosepipe or jet wash towards the area where you think the leak is coming in.

A quick way to check is to stuff paper kitchen towel under the trim in all the areas you suspect the water is coming in, then give the car a good soak with a hosepipe in that area then remove your paper towel. Check which paper towel is wet & you've got your leaky area.

People have said the rear lights leak through the gasket and Toyota told my wife it is the door seals (this is on a 2009 3 dr Aygo) currently in to have the leak fixed under warranty.

Good luck

I've haven't got into the old eBay thing, is it possible to buy this from Halfords or other car shop?

• 4 weeks later...

My wifes car has had new door seals fitted - the Toyota dealer had the car for 2 weeks! We have had the car back 10 days and it has leaked in again - this time the front passenger footwell. Back to the dealer tomorrow!

Toyota :ffs:

My Aygo blue is only 4 months old and after todays down poor i have and inch of water in the front passenger footwell,speading under the seat into the back,i can see where the water is running from under the door,i have to wait a week before my local Toyota garage will have a look at it ,i can see after reading other owners comments that i'm not the only one with a leak!!

If the water is running in from under the door, would this by any chance be where the speaker is in the front door?

If the water is running in from under the door, would this by any chance be where the speaker is in the front door?

I was told by the Toyota dealer that there are a lot of different areas where Aygos leak, through the rear high level brake light, through the rear lights, through the door seals through the door membranes.

My wifes Aygo was fitted with all the new design uprated seals + the additional upper door seals and after heavy rain it leaked in again! The dealer has got the car back again to find where the leak is.

Can someone tell me what the difference is between the supposedly 'new' leakproof bits and the original ones?

If and when the Aygo leaks, what do the dealers actually do to try to cure the leak?

What difference is there between the original and the 'facelift'??

I was under the impression that manufacturers didn't actually test for leaks on new models with water, they fill the car with an inert gas and use a 'sniffer' probe to check around the various openings to see if any gas is escaping, not with water the other way round....??

its running in just to the right of the speaker in the front door ,i cannot find any other leaks ,thank goodness ,my boot is at the moment nice and dry so i am hoping toyota sort it asp

If the leak is near the speaker it could be a faulty moisture-barrier in the door, catching water that drips into the door between the window

and seal, onto the "bucket" that makes room for the speaker. Then it seeps trough and coms out between the doorcard and door.

Water then can accumulate into the "ditch" in the doorseal and can run off when the void fills up...

Can someone tell me what the difference is between the supposedly 'new' leakproof bits and the original ones?

If and when the Aygo leaks, what do the dealers actually do to try to cure the leak?

What difference is there between the original and the 'facelift'??

I was under the impression that manufacturers didn't actually test for leaks on new models with water, they fill the car with an inert gas and use a 'sniffer' probe to check around the various openings to see if any gas is escaping, not with water the other way round....??

I was told by a Toyota tech that they test the cars by spraying high pressure water all over the car with the car at different angles to simulate the car being parked on kerbs, gradients etc.

I was also told that they get some brand new Aygos in to the dealer off the transporter and when they do the pre-delivery checks the boots are full of water!

The upgraded parts consist of new design door seals, additional upper door seals and new design rear high level brake light seal.

Toyota phoned yesterday to say they found the leak and they have had to order a part (bear in mind this car has already had all the new design & additional seals fitted after the first leak)

As soon as I pick the car up and find out what they changed I will post.

• 3 months later...

My Aygo is leaking at the rear footwell also :-( soooo sad!!!! what can i do to stop it?

My Aygo was leaking the only dealer who were interested was lindop Wrexham mine was leaking from day 1 been in 7 times to other dealers and they didn't fix it lindop booked in for a week and had in there bodyshop I can say I was kept upto date invited to inspect during the repairs and leak tests I was amazed it was leaking through the metal rear panel when water applied to reinforce area it bubbled through the seams of rear panel I guess toyota won't admit it but I know what I was shown and saw with my eyes

My Aygo was leaking the only dealer who were interested was lindop Wrexham mine was leaking from day 1 been in 7 times to other dealers and they didn't fix it lindop booked in for a week and had in there bodyshop I can say I was kept upto date invited to inspect during the repairs and leak tests I was amazed it was leaking through the metal rear panel when water applied to reinforce area it bubbled through the seams of rear panel I guess toyota won't admit it but I know what I was shown and saw with my eyes

Oh!? My Aygo is a AYgo blue 2007, and its NEVER leaked. You say rear panel? Did you take any photos by any chance?