Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris Owner For Six Weeks

Redarse

Hi to all, its 6 weeks since i bought my 6month old 1.33 Auris and overall I

am happy with the car, it handles well, its quiet and its very comfortable, the

only slight letdown is I think its underpowered, but what was I expecting from a

1.33 engine, I will get used to it, and the Island blue is a nice change from my

silver Corolla, the dealer was Hills of Bishops Stortford, and I have nothing

but praise for them, I am still finding things out about the car, in another thread

on here I saw that the car has heated wing mirrors which i didnt know, but all in

all its all good so far, and a good forum too. :thumbsup:

I think the 1.33 is great... as to being a little underpowered, well I came to the 1.33 after 8 years with a TSport, and you'll adjust to it, and it's really only when pulling away that it feels a little "soft"... on the move it's fine, and don't be afraid to use all the revs when needed. And when "not needed" :) and driven sensibly I get around 50 to 51 mpg.

Have you found the USB slot for music on a memory stick ?

The only "characteristic" I have noted is that when driven super super sensibly... and not on short runs either... is that the stop/go appears to decide conditions aren't right and it fails to operate. I posted a thread on this... I'm sure no one believes me, and it can be like that for 10 to 15 miles or more. It won't be a fault... more like some software characteristic. Happens perhaps one day out of 20, and brisker acceleration and harder driving seems to correct it, or it's OK the next day.

I think it's a greatly underated car... and I looked at loads before settling on the Auris.

I think the 1.33 is great... as to being a little underpowered, well I came to the 1.33 after 8 years with a TSport, and you'll adjust to it, and it's really only when pulling away that it feels a little "soft"... on the move it's fine, and don't be afraid to use all the revs when needed. And when "not needed" :) and driven sensibly I get around 50 to 51 mpg.

The only "characteristic" I have noted is that when driven super super sensibly... and not on short runs either... is that the stop/go appears to decide conditions aren't right and it fails to operate. I posted a thread on this... I'm sure no one believes me, and it can be like that for 10 to 15 miles or more. It won't be a fault... more like some software characteristic. Happens perhaps one day out of 20, and brisker acceleration and harder driving seems to correct it, or it's OK the next day.

I think it's a greatly underated car... and I looked at loads before settling on the Auris.

I've noticed that! I can bomb down the motorway for 50 miles, exit the motorway to a junction and it wont cut the engine out.... yet at the next set of traffic lights it will

It's a very underrated car, which is a shame, its quiet, comfortable, imo it looks very nice, especially if you have say tinted rear windows and the toyota motorsport spoiler... I'm very glad I bought the car!

I think they are good looking cars as well, under-rated by some in the press, but they tend not to really know what they are talking about. One thing I know a lot of people have said with the diesel is that they feel it is not refined and quite noisy....it may just be me, but I found the noise in the cabin better than in a friend's Passat.

Yes I have found the USB and I have 2 cheapie players and only the one works when connected, I have one made by Creative, a Zen I think its called, and that one is fine, but the other one which is a iPod Shuffle doesnt, and yes I have had conditions where the stop/go doesnt operate, as regarding the mpg, would you say that the readings that the car gives you are reasonably accurate or not, ta for your reply.

Interesting I'm not the only one to notice the stop/go issue... wonder if any Yaris owners have the noticed the same.

The USB port is great as I just use a 2GB memory stick and put all I want on there from the PC.

MPG readout... I find it's unbelievably accurate (far better than the TSport which showed say 42 and calculated out at nearer 40)and to within dare I say 0.5mpg on the three or so times I worked it out doing a brim fill. I know that sounds incredible, but it's what I measured.