Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Service At Toyota

mvb1985

hi everyone

im on here to help my dad out. he has a 2007 Auris T2. when taking the car for its 3rd yearly service and MOT the service book says that the coolant is recommended to be changed at 40,000 or 4 years. yet his car has only done 23000 miles and they said we highly recommend that the coolant is changed. im just asking has anyone else had there coolant changed when they have taken there cars in for there 3rd service? in the service hand book it says the coolant is either long life or super long life. the long life lasts 40,000 miles the super long life lasts 100,000 miles.

when we questioned the guy at toyota they have admitted that its wrong and offered my dad the money back to him for the service and the coolant. im just intrested in finding out if anyone else has had the same problem. your help would be very appreciated

thanks matt

My previous car had similar coolant change interval but garage tested coolant strength at every service. That way they could tell if out of schedule change is required. Did your Toyota garage test it and decided to change it?

My previous car had similar coolant change interval but garage tested coolant strength at every service. That way they could tell if out of schedule change is required. Did your Toyota garage test it and decided to change it?

no they didnt test they told my dad it needed doing before he took the car in to have it done.

I had my TSport dealer serviced for 8 years (7 services) and they never changed the coolant. The book for that similar... 4 years I think and thereafter every 2 years. I was assured the coolant was fine, was checked for strength (although that doesn't test

corrosion inhibitor effectiveness). Had the car 8 years and 70K and never a glitch.

If the coolant in the Auris is bright candyfloss pink then the car was factory filled with Toyota super longlife coolant this is designed to last 10years or 100,000miles so it will not need changing for quite a while. Working for Toyota I know all models from 2005 onwards use this coolant so as long as it has not been swapped for a different coolant you will be fine. The owners manual say if pre filled with:

LL "longlife" coolant replace 4years/40k. (red or green colour)

SLL " super longlife replace 10years/100k. (bright pink)

hi everyone

im on here to help my dad out. he has a 2007 Auris T2. when taking the car for its 3rd yearly service and MOT the service book says that the coolant is recommended to be changed at 40,000 or 4 years. yet his car has only done 23000 miles and they said we highly recommend that the coolant is changed. im just asking has anyone else had there coolant changed when they have taken there cars in for there 3rd service? in the service hand book it says the coolant is either long life or super long life. the long life lasts 40,000 miles the super long life lasts 100,000 miles.

when we questioned the guy at toyota they have admitted that its wrong and offered my dad the money back to him for the service and the coolant. im just intrested in finding out if anyone else has had the same problem. your help would be very appreciated

thanks matt

Not coolant this time but screenwash. 30 minutes before taking my Toyota in for a routine first service I filled the screenwash bottle to full with the recommended fluid. When I collected the car I found that the garage had charged me for screenwash. I pointed this out and was told that it was a mistake and the cost was refunded.

Unfortunately it seems this is the way many service departments make a profit. Screenwash is one, another thing that gets me is the now routine replacement of the Battery in the key, often at a cost of around £5/6. The mark up on this is huge... I can get 5 of these coin cells (of top class make) for £1.00 a pack.

I can get 5 of these coin cells (of top class make) for £1.00 a pack.

You and me too, but not when we have to buy them through Toyota :rolleyes:

We've had various makes of new cars in the past - Nissans, Hondas, Toyotas and Mazdas. All the dealers have been guilty of the screenwash ploy, but when challenged have refunded the cost of the screenwash.

Another thing that irritates me is the dealers leaving a litre of oil in the car for topping up, which you don't find until you've paid the bill and gone out to drive the car away. The other month I gave my neighbour 5 one litre bottles of Magnatec that I had accumulated and had no use for, as the cars didn't require topping up between services. This still left me with 2 one litre bottles that I retained in case I should ever need to top up the Mazda 2. Another slight irritation was that none of the oil was of a suitable viscosity for topping up my Auris 1.33.

thanks for all the help guys i shall have a word with my dad and see what he has to say and i shall let you all know what he has to say

thanks again

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links