Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shuddering Aygo

rainyweather

I own an Aygo 3dr Hatchback, 07 plate (18,000 miles) and recently I have experienced shuddering whilst driving.

The car will drive perfectly and problem free for approx 10 minutes, however, after that it starts to shudder and jolt continuously whilst moving, which worsens when braking to a stop. The clutch then makes a loud creaking/grinding sound when moving away from stationary, and getting up to speed is a struggle. I have recently had a service, so oil etc is fine, however they did make me aware that I will need new brake pads within the next 6 weeks.

I am unsure as to whether worn brake pads could be the cause to the shuddering and the creaking sound on the clutch, or is there another problem with the car? I have had friends and family suggesting that it could be warped brake pads, a worn clutch, fan belt ete, etc, however I have little experience with cars, so I am slghtly confused as to what could be the definate cause??

Can anyone help?

I own an Aygo 3dr Hatchback, 07 plate (18,000 miles) and recently I have experienced shuddering whilst driving.

The car will drive perfectly and problem free for approx 10 minutes, however, after that it starts to shudder and jolt continuously whilst moving, which worsens when braking to a stop. The clutch then makes a loud creaking/grinding sound when moving away from stationary, and getting up to speed is a struggle. I have recently had a service, so oil etc is fine, however they did make me aware that I will need new brake pads within the next 6 weeks.

I am unsure as to whether worn brake pads could be the cause to the shuddering and the creaking sound on the clutch, or is there another problem with the car? I have had friends and family suggesting that it could be warped brake pads, a worn clutch, fan belt ete, etc, however I have little experience with cars, so I am slghtly confused as to what could be the definate cause??

Can anyone help?

It definitely sounds like your clutch is on it's way out. Apparently it is a weak point on Aygos & Yaris' - best get it checked immediately by a garage because when it goes completely which it sounds like it will very soon - the car will not even move.

• Like 1