Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wheel Arches Detailing

talim

Dear All,

My 2006 Rav4 XT5 looks nice and shiny after her wash but the wheel arches still look muddy even after being pressure washed.

Besides painting, is there a dressing I can use to make the wheel arches look blacker and cleaner? Cheers!!

Good question Talim,

Bluevortex....what do you recommend for us OLDER folks' wheel arches as Talim suggests? Even with my 90 degree Karcher lance, which I furrily recommend, I am only cleaning back to a greyish wheel arch finish.

Big Kev :thumbsup:

meguires APC (all purpose cleaner), followed by some meguires last touch detail spray has always worked for me.

meguires APC (all purpose cleaner), followed by some meguires last touch detail spray has always worked for me.

Any pictures Dawesy?

Meguiars APC or Meguiars Degreaser or Autosmart G101 (cheapest option) in fact any APC is fine for cleaning even Daisy APC has been tried and tested, cheap and effective. Personally I wouldn't use Meguiars last touch this is detailing spray/drying aid atleast that what I use it for. I would opt for Meguiars All season dressing good stuff and can be used to restore trim and plastics on the rest of the car :thumbsup:

edit* I ALWAYS Snow Foam arches and pressure wash prior to any APC application. Getting a decent wheel arch brush to agitate the APC will help the cleaning process also

i use a cream I get off my doctor -its rubbish at sorting psoriasis but comes up with a good shine. prescription only.

i use a cream I get off my doctor -its rubbish at sorting psoriasis but comes up with a good shine. prescription only.

lol

ill try and get some pics when i clean the car next. it needs doing now but everytime i venture out with my cleaning stuff it rains :(