Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Rally

NewAYGOblue

Hi all

I am still pretty new to all of this malarkey! But I was asked today what am I doing for children in need this year!? I thought nothing which is bad! I have looked recently and no one has done a meet for ages! Why not cant be because they dont have a large following! I was thinking i would love to organize a rally for Aygo and C1 and 107 owners too! I was thinking either the 6th or 13th of November! If anyone has any ideas pleas contact me I am a frequent charity organiser so i can do all that part i just thought this would be fun! I am open to suggestions of location i was thinking the south! but if bigger number up north then fine please pm me or message me if interested!

Paddy

Great idea! Especially the part about in the South... Loads of Aygo's in Bath and Bristol area so maybe something this way??

James

Great idea!

No such luck in getting C1, and 107 owners on here. The modifiers DO NOT allow you to add any links from other clubs, or they will be deleted. Sad times! :crybaby:

Great idea!

No such luck in getting C1, and 107 owners on here. The modifiers DO NOT allow you to add any links from other clubs, or they will be deleted. Sad times! :crybaby:

You could put our links on their sites..

I'm in the North :( but great idea... yeah try and get on one of the 'other forums' to reach out to the C1 and 107 owners.

I am admin for the 107 owners club, by all means pass me the info and we are happy to help arrange joint club activities :)

I am admin for the 107 owners club, by all means pass me the info and we are happy to help arrange joint club activities :)

Woop Woop! :) the more the merrier!

You are soooooo Nice :thumbsup::toast:

:lol: Cheers and well the 107 OC is not afraid of the competitors, we prefer to think of the other sites as friends ;)

Hi,

Thanks i am glad there is so much attention! Thanks to SJ and MR2 if you can do something for us here! I am thinking of bath to brighton? I am not really sure!? However if you have any ideas please let me know! I was thinking if we do start at Bath we could convene at Newbridge park and ride in bath and mosi on down to bright getting as much attention as possible! However if each person or each Aygo/C1/107 sponsors them selves through friends etc. Then we could potentially make a great donation and of course have great fun and meet all at the same time! Please let me know your thoughts!!

Paddy

Not wishing to rain on your parade, but I hope that you appreciate that rallys with more than 12 cars need official sanction from any police forces that they pass through.

"Twelve car rallies" also should comply with certain guidelines:

Maximum of 12 competing vehicles per event (hence the name)

Generally only standard road cars permitted, not fully prepared cars (this is at the discretion of the organising club, but is widely upheld)

Maximum 30mph average speed only

"Plot 'n' bash" navigation only

No timing to the second permitted, only to the previous minute

"PR" (public relations) work as necessary if the route affects residential areas, this is as for a road rally but the requirements are not quite as strict

Police to be informed of the event, though route information does not need to be submitted and approved

Route authorisation must be granted from the MSA's local representative.

Please also remember that normal motor insurance does not cover "racing or rallying"

It would be advisable to check the regulations before you go too far with this :thumbsup:

Not wishing to rain on your parade, but I hope that you appreciate that rallys with more than 12 cars need official sanction from any police forces that they pass through.

Generally only standard road cars permitted, not fully prepared cars (this is at the discretion of the organising club, but is widely upheld)

"PR" (public relations) work as necessary if the route affects residential areas, this is as for a road rally but the requirements are not quite as strict

Police to be informed of the event, though route information does not need to be submitted and approved

Please also remember that normal motor insurance does not cover "racing or rallying"

It would be advisable to check the regulations before you go too far with this :thumbsup:

Apologies if I've got the wrong end of the stick, but I don't think we're actually talking about 'rally rallying'? If you get what I mean? I think we're talking more of a London to Brighton run sort of thing - a rally being a gathering of cars driving together, as opposed to an actual race of any sort. If we were thinking about 'rallying' (but I can't imagine we were), then sorry if I've got the wrong end of the stick! I thought we were talking about a run, like what the Smart clubs do, sort of like a moving club-meet. Nobody really said anything about any form of 'racing'. If we're just driving through the streets together, I don't really see what the harm is there.

Apologies if I've got the wrong end of the stick, but I don't think we're actually talking about 'rally rallying'? If you get what I mean? I think we're talking more of a London to Brighton run sort of thing - a rally being a gathering of cars driving together, as opposed to an actual race of any sort. If we were thinking about 'rallying' (but I can't imagine we were), then sorry if I've got the wrong end of the stick! I thought we were talking about a run, like what the Smart clubs do, sort of like a moving club-meet. Nobody really said anything about any form of 'racing'. If we're just driving through the streets together, I don't really see what the harm is there.

Driving through the streets together from Bath to Brighton will require considerable organisation logistically.

The London to Brighton run that you mention is a well organised event with full marshall cover.

I would recommend that the organiser of your Bath to Brighton run checks on the legal requirements for such an event, particularly as it is being organised as a "Charity Run"

I refer you to the important note posted by Les (Giddlepin)regarding meets and convoys back in 2008:

PLEASE READ HERE

While Toyota Owners Club always likes to encourage the getting together of its members it must be made clear that any meetings made on the forum (Unless agreed) MUST NOT be made in the Toyota Owners Club name.

The reasons for this are not to prevent our members from having individual meets but purely from a liability standpoint.

Even meetings held on public/private land will be liable as well as any convoys to and from these events.

These draconian measures are not necessarily agreeable but are understandable.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter and feel free to put forward any ideas on future events that the club can take part in.

As previously stated, I do not wish to "rain on your parade"......but this sort of event can result in more trouble than it is worth if not correctly organised with full approval from the authorities

Hi all,

I am talking about a short run a gathering of cars together and driving to the same destination strictly no rallying or racing. I have spoken to the charity they are very enthusiastic about the whole idea! Also i think we only go through 2 counties and if so i can speak to the necessary people in the police! My brother and father in law to be are both police officers!

Anything else i need to think about?

Thanks for the advice though greatly appreciated. Shame you have a Yaris you could have joined us!

Regards

Paddy

Hi all,

I am talking about a short run a gathering of cars together and driving to the same destination strictly no rallying or racing. I have spoken to the charity they are very enthusiastic about the whole idea! Also i think we only go through 2 counties and if so i can speak to the necessary people in the police! My brother and father in law to be are both police officers!

Thanks for the advice though greatly appreciated. Shame you have a Yaris you could have joined us!

Regards

Paddy

Pleased to have been of some assistance Paddy.

When organising this type of event it is allways adviseable to be fully aware of the potential pitfalls and legal responsibilities that all participants may encounter.

Better safe than sorry :thumbsup:

Hi all,

Regards

Paddy

I don't see why any of these rules and regs need to rain on our parade... Paddy if u could speak to the necessary people involved that would be great!

Awesome work on talking to the charity too, glad they are enthusiastic about it all!

Meeting place you mentioned in Bath is great, we would need to sort out logistics like deciding on a route and providing maps for everyone, a place to stop on the way down to Brighton so that we can make sure we have everyone still on the same route ect...

James

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links