Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Be Careful At Meets/show Guys!

wantasupra

Bluebox (Peter) from here just phoned me to tell me of something that just happened. Tonight he decided to go to the Jap Performance night at the Ace Cafe in London.

Upon arriving, he couldn't park anywhere, so parked down the road a little. He went into the cafe and then thought it was a bit nippy, so went back to get his coat. Upon arriving back, the car was surrounded by people and a clamp had been fitted! He asked who had fitted it, then when the clampers arrived (there were about 6 of them!), they asked for £280 or it would be towed away! :o They even had a tow truck waiting. He told them, all he could get was £250 and they took that and released the clamp.

Don't think he got the reg of the truck or anything like that. Too much of a shock as there were so many rather large people in the clampers 'group'! He feels that he has basically been mugged and is rather shaken up about it.

Looks like there is a new scam going on around the area now, so keep your eyes open and be vigilante guys. Not just round London, but at any car shows/meets. This could be something that may spread nationwide! :censor:

I have posted this thread on LOC

I have posted this thread on LOC

:thumbsup:

Just looking out for fellow car peeps. Anyone know of any other forums to post it up on, please do! Lets stop this spreading and get everyone on the lookout.

if there are no 'clamping' signs in the area its illegal now, sounds like he has been 'mugged' and should report it, then he should tell the police where it happened and go back there on the next jap night and park in the same spot and lay in wait, when the clampers return phone the police.

Stay in a big group with the others if possible :D

Ace cafe meet is notoriously bad...

seems very weird for the to 'just accept' 250 quid

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links