Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Central Locking Not!

barneylad

I would be grateful for any help with the following problem before I trundle off to my local dealer.

Neither of the 2 remote fobs will lock my 2001 gx 5door, (but the red lights work on both of them). Using the key only locks the driver's door, the switch on the driver's door does nothing at all! BUT if the doors are locked one at a time manually, both remotes unlock them all, as does the key in the driver's door, which makes me think the fuses are all right and the door actuators are OK. I've seen a similar problem discussed on another forum, where a new drivers lock is suggested at £300+. Being a tighta**e, could I pull the fuse for the central locking and manually open and close doors as required with the key?

Many thanks in advance

hello and welcome to the forum.

locking with fobs etc is a pain whenever they go wrong. i had a jaguar XJ40 which was quite novel on how the system got out of sync with the ecu, albeit the ecu was designed 25 years ago.

Its a bit of a guess on my part but either the ecu controlling the lock system is misbehaving or there's a loose connection somewhere. probably the latter.

try searching on this forum or on Rav4world as its not a big problem I've noticed on the later RAV4s.

I imagine you've changed the batteries etc.

I suggest that you change the Battery in the fob first, it may have enough juice left to light the LED but not send strong signal!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links