Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fibreglass Install

wangtastic

How would go about doing a fibre glass install in me car?

I'm looking to maximize the boot space as at the moment my massive sub box takes up a lot of room.

Perhaps Man-Bing can give me a few tips?

Cheers

I'll warn you now, this is not for the faint hearted!!

As fun and funky as the install you want, it WILL be seriously messy.

Also, the cost of it can intially be high, but will give you loads of materials for your money.

Look at this WEBSITE it will give you some idea of what you need to do, and he explains it very well.

Then, look at this WEBSITE for materials and stuff, think i have seen they sell carbon fibre, so you could even have that finished look too.

I've just spotted a section on that website too with other different projects, but it's the car audio builds that should give you some help too.

I have brought stuff from these people in the past, and found them very useful :thumbsup:

You will need alot of other tools as well, so don't think this will be a sunday afternoon job either :lol:

Thank-you very much for your help.

I didn't think this would be particularly easy, but I wanted a winter project and this seems perfect to me.

I plan on keeping my 'Rolla til it's dead and buried so this will help reclaim the space in my boot. :P

cheers

Steve

This will deffo keep you going all winter, and if like me, you might even enjoy it for about 5mins before it all goes wrong :lol:

I was getting frustrated with about the 4th or 5th layer of layering fibreglass when bubbles started to appearing, but no sooner had i got rid of them, more kept popping up, so by the 6th or 7th layer or something, it was no longer a smooth and had to scrap it :crybaby:

Think i had the mix too strong and was curing too fast.

But my next problem was trying to cut it up, and being fibreglass, very hard to cut, was even using a diamond cutting blade and still managed to wreck that :lol:

But if you just keep at it, will be worth it in the end, and with the finished look, might just come out better than you think ;)

Bing

:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

With a little update on my facebook account, i got this update which i think might just come in handy

LINKY

Bing

:thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links