Do Not Sell My Personal Information

O/s Door Plastic At Footwell

mr ben

I noticed that the offside door plastic panel at the bottom of the footwell there was a cut out hole in the plastic with what looks like a white plastic thread, does anyone know what this is? As I'm not sure if something is missing. After looking at the new IQ in the Toyota showroom, it also had this mysterious square hole. Please advise.

Mr Ben

Doyou mean on the bumper ? isn't it the hole with a hook in it to be able to pull the car ?

I think he means somewhere in the interior

Its in the passenger side. The plastic panel that extends from the sill at the inside bottom of the door. If you look at the plastic part that extends underneath the footwell you will see that there is a square hole in the plastic sill. I just wondered what the reason for this is.

mr ben

Could this possibly be access to a jacking point or a jigging point used by Toyata in the build process?

Why not ask your Toyota Dealer this question?

If you get an answer please post up here so that other IQ owners can know :thumbsup:

(Your duplicated post with unwanted comments "boxed"........This topic title ammended)

I noticed that the offside door plastic panel at the bottom of the footwell there was a cut out hole in the plastic with what looks like a white plastic thread, does anyone know what this is? As I'm not sure if something is missing. After looking at the new IQ in the Toyota showroom, it also had this mysterious square hole. Please advise.

Mr Ben

This was discussed about 18 months ago I think, if you are referring to this "design" feature..

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=94971