Do Not Sell My Personal Information

55 Plate T-Spirit Spec As Standard Not That High

brez

Just thought I would throw this out there for discussion

I have just traded in an 03 plate Avensis (T4) for a 55 plate Corolla T spirit

Now the avensis was not the top of the range (T spirit was) but it did come with sat nav fitted as standard (one using little screen on dash), where as the T spirit avensis had a fancy colour screen one, but nothing fitted on the Corolla

My point being on the T sprit Corolla Sat nav is an optional extra bargain £1300. Also vanity lights on both sun visors on avensis but not on corolla. Duel climate control also not on Corolla.

Dont get me wrong I love my new car but the T spirit Badge falls short compared to lesser models of avensis. :(

Looking forward to your views

brez

Unless you bought it brand new your avensis was probably a company car in a previous life in which case the company spec the sat nav even if its not standard for their reps/company car monkeys to use while out and about. Other than that yes corolla t-spirit is slightly less but then again avensis is bigger car and fits into a different slice of the market. a slice where if you dont provide high spec as standard you get swallowed by 3 series, a4, c class etc etc Whereas the corolla is a family hatchback I think. Still would be nice for a higher spec but my t spirit has full auto electrics all round, auto wipers rear mirror dims itself a sunroof etc etc I cant really complain :)

corolla t-spirit is slightly less but then again avensis is bigger car and fits into a different slice of the market. a slice where if you dont provide high spec as standard you get swallowed by 3 series, a4, c class etc etc Whereas the corolla is a family hatchback I think. Still would be nice for a higher spec but my t spirit has full auto electrics all round, auto wipers rear mirror dims itself a sunroof etc etc I cant really complain :)

Agree with that, its the same with the Civic and Accord. However if you compare your Corolla spec with the competition of the same year IE a 2005 Civic you'll be surpised just how much kit you get with the Corolla, its the main reason I bought my Corolla T-Sport instead of a Civic Type-R

Yeah strange that,

Mine comes with a tilt and slide sun roof but as far as I can see this is the only upgrade as they seem to have cut costs elswhere.

But as I say it is a newer car than I had and a higher spec but with less of the gadgets and gizmoes.

The sat nav was fitted as standard and not an optional extra in the T4 avensis, £1300 on the Rolla (ouch!!)

Is it me being negative or is it just an excuse for Toyota to get that extra drop of blood from the stone!! :yes:

Thanks for your interest

brez

I think that the Avensis was considered to be a more businessy/comapany car than the 'Rolla's so I'm guessing this is why the Shat-nav was fitted as standard.

The 'Rolla is more of an everyday sorta car so I'm guessing that Toyota decided against putting in a sat-nav as it would probably add a cost to the car for something many consumers may not even need.

this is all just my speculation mind.

yeah probably right,

I take it Shat-nav was not a slip of the fingers :D

Regards

brez

haha with the h being quit far from the s and a I think you're right ;)

I only call 'em that 'cos the first one I ever used asked me to do a u-turn on the m25 :blink:

Hi Brez...

I agree with all the above comments...i also had a 2001/51 Avensis SR which also had a lot more to it than my 2006/06 Corolla SR but as mentioned...it was a bigger car...(saying that no where near as reliable)...and was aimed at a totally different market of buyers! Besides who needs an outa date shatnav anyway!

If you compare the T Spirit to the SR you're getting a lot more than i am on the inside matey!

Sammy