Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Look What I Have Got

msprince

DSCF5357.jpg

DSCF5358.jpg

Look at the size of that filter.

I got it off a friend he had it on his megane r26 he only had it on for a month and took it off.

Going to fit it this weekend.

I would ask myself why the friend took it off his Megane after only one month, and also will it really do any good?

He took it off his motor as where the filter sat on his car it was sucking in the hot air and he actually lost power.

Not to sure bout the maf yet, i will make it fit lol.

Pipercross make one of these kits for the T-Sport, I dont think this will fit because it wont go into the standard intake tract because the MAF is in the way

I personally dont really like Pipercross products due to the element being foam

You'll struggle with the MAF but good luck. Not sure why your mate ad it sucking hot air as it is a shielded filter, so unless he mounted the cold air feed up to the exhaust shouldn't have had a problem?

It may be different in the real world... but we had a member with one of these come to our dyno day a while back... IIRC his dyno was the lowest readout of all that attended, he made just over stock bhp...

Meganes don't have MAF's.

Before fitting any after-market induction kit check the surface area of the filter is at least the same if not larger than the stock component - if it's less then forget about it.

There is a video clip kicking around the net (if I find it I'll post a link)showing a test of actual inlet temperatures and it was found that after 10 minutes or so of driving the temps at inlet of the stock system was exactly the same as when there was a cold air feed.

Maybe someone would consider checking if this is true. I may consider buying one of those remote temp sensors and checking what actually occurs.

Many people make claims about the so-called increased performance of induction systems but until I see a before and after dyno run will I even consider fitting one.:)

Fair point if i was init for the extra power i would have brought the proper thing rather than making my own, i love the noise.

I have had a look and i know what i need to do to fit the filter. I need to cut drill and relocate things.

As for the cold air feed on a pfl it is not easy unless you cut a hole in the bumper chav style lol.

But i will have a better look tomoz.

You'll struggle with the MAF but good luck. Not sure why your mate ad it sucking hot air as it is a shielded filter, so unless he mounted the cold air feed up to the exhaust shouldn't have had a problem?

fixed up to the exhaust lol, made me laugh!

EGR's are an epic fail.

Plus, they look good but I would have thought you'd get a better sound from an open filter... but I am not certain.

As long as you have a good CAF you should be fine, but I am currently embarking on a quest to eliminate heat soak in the CTS engine bay. :lol:

It's going fairl ybadly seeing as I now work 6 days a week... lol But I am looking at having a do with some heat shielding materials and boxing off items such as the air filter.

The EGR is also going bye bye when I locate it and get the time :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links