Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Toyota Corolla 2003 Hatchnback Front Door Speakers Stopped Worki

fergy

hi everyone

iv got a 03 plate toyota corolla 1.4 t2

couple days ago my front two door Speakers stopped working.

sometimes while i am driving they will come on automatically

does any one how i could fix this thank you

Mine's been doing that as well, but i know how to fix my setup.

Does your car have rear Speakers, do they work at all?

I know if i crank the volume to full, sometimes it bring it back on again, give it a try on yours, see if it works.

Otherwise, its a case of check the Speakers and connection, check the H/U, it could be a case of finding a replacement H/U if it keeps on doing it

• 2 months later...

sorry im a newbie

whats is the H/U?

and my back Speakers work fine

when i try to put all the sound to the front. there is no sound at all coming from the fron Speakers. when i put it back in the middle it comes fron the rear Speakers.

any ideas??

thanks for your replys

HU = headunit aka cd player aka the 'radio'...

Ermm to be honest if your rear Speakers are working fine and you've checked your wiring connections then the only other thing I can think of is the amp in the HU for the front speaker those channels have died or something.

if this is the case and you don't mind spending around £80 then this would be a great opportunity to change the HU for an aftermarket unit, personally I swear by Alpine and Pioneer however if you're not too bothered then Sony and Kenwood both make units in the £50 price range which obviously makes it more accessible for you if you don't want to pay up to £80/90/100 for an Alpine unit.

Something like this Kenny unit at £53 will add mp3 function as well as a more powerful internal amp so that you will increase the volume you get automatically. also it has 1 pre-out which allows you to add a subwoofer at a later date if you decide you want bass.

• 2 weeks later...

hi iv finally bought a new hu

but the front speakers still dont work

Hi,

Sounds like something is very wrong - suggest you keep your new head switched off until you locate the trouble.

Have to ask, you did get the correct wiring connector to go with your new head unit.

Assuming you have, then you need to properly check your front Speakers, wiring and connector - it sound like something is shorting them out or a broken common connection.

To check the Speakers, two ways - unplug them from the wiring loom and feed them from the wires from the rear door speaker connector.

Another cruder way is to momemtarily connect a 1.5v Battery across the speaker terminals, it should make a 'scratching' sound which generally indicates it has some function.

If the Speakers seem ok, then you need a multimeter to check the cables.

Disconect both front speakers from the wiring loom and if fitted the tweeters as well. Also disconnect the wiring plug from the head unit.

First you need to do a continuity test on each of the 4 wires.

Second you need to check for shorts between each pair of wires.

While doing both of these tests try to open and shut the door incase its a movement problem where the wires run out of the doors into the body.

Lastly carefully check the head unit plug that there are no broken or cracked metal pins or that where the wires are crimped to the pins than they are not fraying or either making and breaking or shorting out onto another wire.