Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav 4.3 (2006) D4D Off Road Capability

webleymk3

Hi all,

Just traded in my Auris and bought a 2006 XT4. Not got it yet (next wednesday is D-Day!) but can't wait.

I've had a wee hunt around the forum but not found much on this. Does anyone have much experience of taking their Rav offroad? If so, how good are they?? Do you find you use the Diff Lock much or just let it work it out for itself??

Here's a piccy of her. Colour is Cadmium Green:

post-99846-128656603584_thumb.jpg

Im sure you'll be hearing more from me in due course...

Welcome to the club.

You've bought an excellent car.

You will be quite surprised just how good it is in the snow and as for off road you don't have to do much trawling around youtube to see they ain't bad off road for what is very much a soft roader.

The transmission lock is really only a benefit if you get stuck as it is otherwise fully automatic. Your RAV will ALWAYS set off in 4WD and then start to back off to 2WD as you pick up speed.

Thanks. Looking forward to trying it out!!

I'll take some videos once I get her and let you know how we go. My brother has a defender so will go with him and he can pull her out if I get stuck!!!

Thanks. Looking forward to trying it out!!

I'll take some videos once I get her and let you know how we go. My brother has a defender so will go with him and he can pull her out if I get stuck!!!

And you can tow him home when he breaks down :thumbsup:

You'll find the car is actually amazingly capable.

landrovers are only good when the engine runs.

landrovers are only good when the engine runs.

Funny you should mention that... It's currently off the road with a knackered clutch!!!

My brother owns a fireworks company (www.21ccfireworks.com / www.edinburghfireworksstore.com if you want some Guy Fawkes goodies) and their incinerator site is back and beyond. That's why they have the 4x4s... Hopefully she'll do me proud...