Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1993 4Afe Turbo

Cruising4fun

Hello All,

I am in the process of installing a T3/T4 turbo on my 93 celica st with the 1.6L 4afe.

I have looked through the forums and haven't seen much about doing this with the 4afe

and everyone says to just do the 3sgte swap. I have decided that I really want to turbo

this particular engine rather than swap.

So I have my kit and the first thing I notice is that if I bolt up with the turbo on

the driver side of the car, the transmission mount will block the inlet and the down pipe

heads right at the radiator. If I bolt it on the passenger side, the housing contacts

the block and the oil filter as well as the down pipe going right in to the oil pan.

The thing is if the whole assembly was angled about 10 degrees towards the front of the

car it would all fit just fine.

I'm wondering if anyone has tried to do this or has any experience with installing a T3/T4

on the 4afe in a 5th gen. Also, as for my application could I just heat up the manifold and

slightly bend the flange outward to give clearance?

All the applications I have seen have either been on a corolla or for a different motor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 9 years later...

Damn no one responds but I need the answers to your questions. I have a super clean low miles 130,000 (for age) 1992 Celica St and I want to turbo it.

The original post is 9 years old, maybe nobody knows?