Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Replacement Key Fob

jamesz

hi all ive lost my keyfob smart entry fo the t spirit and have been quoted 200 pounds from dealer is there any cheaper options ie shopping around many thanks

hi all ive lost my keyfob smart entry fo the t spirit and have been quoted 200 pounds from dealer is there any cheaper options ie shopping around many thanks

how much? thats criminal.

I will say that when I once owned a Merc with the flip key a replacement was around £300 + vat so that is not as bad, why not see if parts king (John) can supply this cheaper?

I will say that when I once owned a Merc with the flip key a replacement was around £300 + vat so that is not as bad, why not see if parts king (John) can supply this cheaper?

if it was gold plated it should not cost that,no way can that price be justified.i imagne that includes programming it.

if it was gold plated it should not cost that,no way can that price be justified.i imagne that includes programming it.

because you have 2 choices to pay it or not and they can charge what they like, harsh but true

because you have 2 choices to pay it or not and they can charge what they like, harsh but true

hi should be able to pick one up from breeakers yard off a write off.as you say they charge what they like.i was told ford ones are £75 and you can close windows with with it and unlock boot seperately, so very simular.

I too in the last week have been trying to obtain a spare key for my Corolla. Not smart entry but a standard key with built in remote.

Rang Mr T and was quoted £90, not bad thought I and asked them to order a new key. Two days later it arrived at Mr T's, cost had gone up to £152. But the best bit is that it will cost another £45 to programme. So I have a key that is useless unless I spend £197. Must admit that the dealership were very good in waiving the programming charge because of the incorrect quoted prices. Or was it the prospect of me having a heart attack.

Today I went in to have the key programmed. After waiting two hours the bad news. The key cannot work with the car because the ECU will not accept it. Not the keys fault apparently.

So here I am the proud owner of a useless key, facing who knows how much further expense to get it to work.

Happy motoring days!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links