Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2007 Yaris 1.3 Zinc - Occasional Starting Problem

cruiser007

Hi folks,

I have owned my 2007 "23,000 mile" Yaris 1.3 Zinc (petrol) for about 6 weeks now and in that time I have experience several starting problems where the engine will not turn over or start when the ingnition key is turned, all I get is the the dashboard light-up. This happened again today after filling up with petrol at my local garage, I got back in my car turned the key and it was completely dead....with several other cars queing behind me...VERY annoying and embarrassing it was!

As I was totally stuck I removed and re-inserted the ingnition key several times, pressed all its lock/unlock buttons, opened my drivers door, and then tried starting again....suddenly it STARTED!!!

Has anyone else experienced such a problem?

Could you hear the starter motor at the time?

Have you checked the Battery terminals are tight? A loose connection can give eratic starting.

If these are okay, i'd take it in to have the electricals checked

Apart from having the Battery & alternator output checked are you sure you are pushing the clutch all the way down before you turn the key? Also do you have loose mats in the front of the car...sometimes if they slide up under the clutch pedal they stop it going all the way down. I had this problem last winter when I put some rubber mats in.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links