Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Please, Verso Sr D-4D Parking Sensors?

herso

Hello,

Apart from my New Member introduction message, this is my first post (although we've had various Toyota cars for years, I only discovered the Forum today).

(By the way, favourite car to date was always our Carina, but maybe the Verso will claim that honour)

The car is a December 2007, Corolla Verso SR D-4D, 2231cc, diesel, manual gearbox. It has various SR trim level features, for example the tinted rear windows and spoiler, the Automatic Aircon and Cruise Control and was indeed registered and sold as the SR D-4D, so I think I am missing something ... because ...

... There are parking sensors on the rear bumper, but having looked in the manual, I cannot see above the CD slot the switch for the parking sensors, only the engine immobiliser indicator.

Does this sound familiar to anyone - is there some means of switching on the sensor please, that I haven't found - there is a beep as I engage reverse gear?

Thank you.

The sensors should be fitted to operate when you engage reverse gear. The bleep as you engage is an indication that they are in operation.

As you reverse near to an obstruction they will bleep faster and faster the closer you approach eventually giving a continuous tone when you are about eighteen inches away.

It's safer to stop as soon as the continuous tone sounds as different types and heights of anything in the way may affect how close you actually are.

The sensors should be fitted to operate when you engage reverse gear. The bleep as you engage is an indication that they are in operation.

As you reverse near to an obstruction they will bleep faster and faster the closer you approach eventually giving a continuous tone when you are about eighteen inches away.

It's safer to stop as soon as the continuous tone sounds as different types and heights of anything in the way may affect how close you actually are.

Thank you for that, really helpful. Maybe I just didn't get close enough to my wood pile when I got the new car home (although when my wife walked right by the rear bumper she didn't activate it - maybe she's lighter than she claims!!)

I'll try reversing up to something more substantial, I'll let you know.

The switch for the reverse sensors on the verso is usually placed in the nearside rear inner trim panel (small round black 2 way switch).

Or under the cover where the boot cover/jack is kept.

When you put it into reverse the beeper should beep once - even if you arent up close to anything too.

Mart.

The switch for the reverse sensors on the verso is usually placed in the nearside rear inner trim panel (small round black 2 way switch).

When you put it into reverse the beeper should beep once - even if you arent up close to anything too.

Mart.

Mart.

Thanks Mart,

I'll go and hunt that out and see if I can find a switch in that location.

Mart.

Just to let you know, and say thank you. I located the small round switch, where you described and it works fine. Great advice.

• 5 years later...

Reversing Sensors "Suddenly" stopped working.

Just wanted to thank everyone on this thread. Suffered the same problem as described after accessing the slung under spare. Never thought of something as obvious as a switch which on my Toyota (Corolla) Verso D-4D 2007 was as in some of the descriptions in the nearside rear inner trim. (Needed to remove the vanity cover and also I think the lights cover to see it) but then there it was as described a black rocker switch about the size of a 5 p piece facing pretty much towards the driver seat - ie in that back curve) I had obviously knocked it when taking out the vanity cover roller. So many thanks for saving me a trip to the garage and the embarassment etc etc Roy Rex

• 4 years later...
On 10/10/2010 at 1:03 AM, moonstone mart said:

Amazing! Thanks for the help. I think my dog turned the switch off!!

Mart.

• 1 year later...
On 10/12/2010 at 6:20 PM, herso said:

Just to let you know, and say thank you. I located the small round switch, where you described and it works fine. Great advice.

Hiya her so I have the same issue where was the 2 way switch that you found