Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How To Remove Center Console Of 2008 Corolla

jawaz

Remove the ash tray, lift plastic cover around shifter gaiter, then pull at bottom of centre console. It will need a tug but its all clipped in. Once centre console detached you'll see 4 screws, unscrew and the radio and vent section will come away :thumbsup:

2008 Corolla?? In Europe the last Corollas were 2006. I see you are from Trinidad (lucky you, I lived in Jamaica for 7 years and loved it) so is your Corolla an American version? If so, it's a completely different car to the European one that most on here will be referring to. If it is the Euro version, I think Bridges might have simplified it slightly ;) ! On mine I had to remove the armrest/storage bin between the 2 front seats. Easy enough, just 2 bolts securing it to the floor and it lifts out. Then as per Bridges advice but don't forget the 2 screws below the ashtray, and also one screw hidden behind the middle of the 3 dials for the ventilation controls (if you don't have climate control).

bridges is correct for the euro car as far as i can remember when i did mine. something like:

1. remove cig lighter

2. pull away plastic from around gear stick

3. unscrew gear knob and remove gaiter

4. pull the console forward

sounds about right.

The 2008 corolla is named the auris in the uk, the procedure may be completly different to our corolla's.

May be worth posting something in the auris section if noone can help here.

bridges is correct for the euro car as far as i can remember when i did mine. something like:

1. remove cig lighter

2. pull away plastic from around gear stick

3. unscrew gear knob and remove gaiter

4. pull the console forward

sounds about right.

Apart from the 3 screws; 2 below ashtray; 1 behind centre blower controls. Otherwise it won't move without breaking it!

The 2008 corolla is named the auris in the uk, the procedure may be completly different to our corolla's.

May be worth posting something in the auris section if noone can help here.

In America (so probably Trinidad too) there is still a Corolla model. I hired one last year in Florida, but it was nothing like the Euro version. About twice the size and 3 times as thirsty!

i need to change the radio in my 2008 corolla.not sure how to remove the center console.can anyone help??

As must of us, are stuck in helping you, can you try and take some pics to show us then, so we can see, then we might be able to offer another solution, and help in removing the console.

Bing

:thumbsup: