Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Superguard

Redarse

My question is about Superguard, I know different people have different views on it, but when I bought my Auris, the dealer gave the car that treatment as part of the deal along with some other bit and pieces, but i have read in other places that you get a 3 year guarantee with it, and an after care kit also, well I got none of these, another friend said they normally put a small sticker on the screen to say when it was done, all I know is that the salesman said it was done but i have nothing written anywhere to say it was, anyone else had this done reently, maybe I should contact the dealer, anyway thanks for any help.

My question is about Superguard, I know different people have different views on it, but when I bought my Auris, the dealer gave the car that treatment as part of the deal along with some other bit and pieces, but i have read in other places that you get a 3 year guarantee with it, and an after care kit also, well I got none of these, another friend said they normally put a small sticker on the screen to say when it was done, all I know is that the salesman said it was done but i have nothing written anywhere to say it was, anyone else had this done reently, maybe I should contact the dealer, anyway thanks for any help.

hi redubik

i would not be surprised if it wasnt done.that eats into salesmans profit.its like giving a full service as part of deal,books stamped etc but service not done.know of 2 cases one of which involved my car.i am talking toyota dealerships.

if you use a polish (not wax) on an out of the way part of paintwork thats been treated it should remove the protection coming of like dust.

did you get supaguard paperwork explaing how to clean car,and details about warranty.car treatment should be registered with superguard.

why not give supaguard a call and have a word. 01416335933.

I'd be surprised if the supaguard was done for free, it's not cheap!

When I bought my gen3 my dealer used. Guard-X -I have a sticker on the windscreen and the pack was in the boot...

Would be worth checking with Supaguard as per acetip's post

I got a Kit and a keyring with my supaguard. Hope that helps, although I get the feeling that it won't cheer you up much.( sorry :unsure: )

Thanks as always for the replies, now I have the Superguard number

I will call them and see what they say, but the salesman said it

would be done before I picked the car up so who knows, thanks again.

If they did the job properly then the interior should have been supagaurded as well , they apply a treatment to the seats to protect the material against spillages i.e coffee etc , you can test by simply pouring a small amount of water on one of the seats , if the water runs off , the seats been treated , however if the water sinks in then the treatment has not been done , i carried out this test on all my seats after i picked my car up for the first time , the water ran off the front seats but sank in on the rear ones , so i took the car back and watched as they treated the rear seats in front of me , its only a can of spray in any case , probably scotchgaurd or something similar , in my personal oppinion supaguard is a big con , i was suckered in when i bought my car but i will never entertain it again , you can buy a kit and apply the treatment yourself at a fraction of the cost that MR T charges , supaguard is a good earner for the dealerships cos they make a tidy profit out of it , like i said i wont ever be buying it again ..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links