Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aux Cable

mr ben

I just purchased an aux cable to play my MP3 player in my car. I noticed that when I plugged the aux cable in the car aux hole by the gearstick it plays the music ok but the volume is restricted even if I go to full volume which is 62 it still isn't enough to hear the music properly. Has anyone else experienced similar problems and is there any remedy?

Mr Ben

Turn the car's volume down, turn the MP3 player's volume up, then readjust the car's volume.

Turn the car's volume down, turn the MP3 player's volume up, then readjust the car's volume.

Thanks for your reply, Still no joy with volume.

Hi Mr Ben

I've just bought an aux cable to plug a portable DAB into the system. A little quiet compared to on board radio but listenable. My cable is 2 meters long though. Suspect a shorter cable would produce much better volumes. Could this be an issue with your setup?

Cheers

Geoff

As far as I know, the Aux input socket has a lower amplification than the radio. This is presumably to stop people blowing up their Speakers from using a really loud source (iPod, mp3 player etc) and turning the in-car volume up to max.

I find it difficult to believe that you can't obtain the necessary volume from increasing the output from your mp3 player and also turning up the in-car volume - how loud do you want it?

Other options would be to:

1. Take it into your Toyota dealer for them to double-check the Aux socket

2. Install the optional JBL kit

3. Have an aftermarket uprated speaker package / amplifier fitted

• 4 months later...

Some mp3 players only have enough to power ear phones nothing else.

If i plug my cheap mp3 player in to my aux on my pc it will not be very loud no matter how i high i adjust it.

but if use the Apple itouch the sound is ok. :yahoo:

thanks

david

• 3 weeks later...

I have an i-pod classic 160Gb linked with a 30cm good quality cable. :rolleyes: Works fine for me. Plenty loud enough.

• 4 weeks later...

sometimes if the aux cable is not completely plugged-in in either ur mp3 player or the AUX port, the volume can be low. it sometimes be even mono output.

Yeh I had it once where it was alot quieter than normal, turned out I hadnt fully plugged the cable into the cars AUX socket so thats deffo worth checking, make sure both ends are as far in as possible

, make sure both ends are as far in as possible

Sound advice, very SOUND :D:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links