Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Central Locking (Not)

thampton

Hi, I have a 2004 Toyota Avensis.

Over the past few months the central locking has been hit and miss. When using the remote/key (plip), sometimes the drivers side rear door would not lock and therefore the indicator lights would not flash. Generally 'unlocking' the car, locking the offending door manually from the inside of the door, then relocking using the plip would lock the car.

More recently I have had the same but far more frequently but this time the passenger side front door. Only now messing around with the lock manually generally has no effect. Eventually after locking and unlocking many times eventually locks the door but without the reassuring flash of the indicator lights, which I guess means the doors are not 'doule locked'. You can hear the double lock mechanism try to lock but then unlock each time.

Another symptom I have had (only happened once so far) was when trying to unlock the car, the plip had no effect at all (had to check I was at the right car!!). I had to use the key manually which set the alarm off only switching off after starting the car. Once driven the plip has not failed to at least do something. This may be unrelated.

Any tips much appreciated, or its off to the Toyota garage for some wallet emptying attention.

Cheers.

Hi, I have a 2004 Toyota Avensis.

Over the past few months the central locking has been hit and miss. When using the remote/key (plip), sometimes the drivers side rear door would not lock and therefore the indicator lights would not flash. Generally 'unlocking' the car, locking the offending door manually from the inside of the door, then relocking using the plip would lock the car.

More recently I have had the same but far more frequently but this time the passenger side front door. Only now messing around with the lock manually generally has no effect. Eventually after locking and unlocking many times eventually locks the door but without the reassuring flash of the indicator lights, which I guess means the doors are not 'doule locked'. You can hear the double lock mechanism try to lock but then unlock each time.

Another symptom I have had (only happened once so far) was when trying to unlock the car, the plip had no effect at all (had to check I was at the right car!!). I had to use the key manually which set the alarm off only switching off after starting the car. Once driven the plip has not failed to at least do something. This may be unrelated.

Any tips much appreciated, or its off to the Toyota garage for some wallet emptying attention.

Cheers.

good morning and welcome to the forum. You would be quicker to ask this question in the forum section titled Avensis so I have tried to alert our beloved moderators to switch this to the place where Avenisis owners visit...

Topic moved to Avensis Forum :thumbsup:

Topic moved to Avensis Forum :thumbsup:

Looking at this again, this is simply a case that the passenger front door does not close correctly. Sat in the vehicle using the door locking button it more often than not fails. Therefore not a central locking issue, just a local door issue.

Any body had similar issues? May strip it and hope to find a 'dodgy solenoid'!

• 3 weeks later...

It might just be something simple like dirt or something a little larger in one of your locks, try looking at the boot first, there is a well that the lock goes in to, and if something has fallen into this it can stop the doors locking. With my Avensis if one of the doors (including the bonnet and boot) are not closed correctly I hear a series of bleeps, if you are hearing this when trying the keyfob then I would say one of the doors isn't quite closed right.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links