Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

£735 For Sat Nav Disc?

Steve Hebby

:help:

Bought my T180 recently and the sat nav map dvd was missing. Just been qouted by my local dealer £735 (part No 86271) for the latest version. Can this be correct?

Has anyone got an older version for sale?

That's outrageous!!!!

I had an update cd some years ago on the Avensis I had at the time and it was 99 quid

£135 I could believe, but £735????? You sure their '1' doesn't look like a '7' :unsure:

I've got a genuine old set. It 2007-2008 ver 1 unfortunately.......but if you want to make me an offer - PM me. :thumbsup: (It's OK to advertise Mr Muderator sir, I'm a fully paid up member :P).

Pics:

navdvd4.jpg

navdvd1.jpg

navdvd2.jpg

navidvd3.jpg

Can you not just burn a copy of one?!? :unsure:

I thought they updated all the time anyway? Mine seems to know where all the roadworks are round by me or is it just the maps themselves that don't update?

The earlier ones, it might be possible to rip off. I understand the later ones expect the anti copy protection bit(s) to be present on the disk and won't play nicely if copied. I haven't tried this though. The resulting DVD R/RWs won't have the anti copy stuff by default.

The roadwork information is transmitted via RDS-TMC (traffic message channel), slightly different to standard RDS. It is carried by Classic FM in the UK and your sat nav is also secretly tuned to it :ph34r: as well as what else you are listening too. If you play around with the satnav menus, you will probably find it.

The maps are certainly not updated that way.

£135 I could believe, but £735????? You sure their '1' doesn't look like a '7' :unsure:

I've got a genuine old set. It 2007-2008 ver 1 unfortunately.......but if you want to make me an offer - PM me. :thumbsup: (It's OK to advertise Mr Muderator sir, I'm a fully paid up member :P).

Pics:

Thanks for the offer mate but I'm not sure if the 2007-2008 ver 1 would be compatible with my system as my T180 is a 2006 model. If someone could confirm they would be compatible with my system I will definately make you an offer by pm.

HOW MUCH.........................:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: almost chocked on my tea......

You could by a new full sat nav system for a third of that....

Lucky the one for my iPhone4 is free....... :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Thanks for the offer mate but I'm not sure if the 2007-2008 ver 1 would be compatible with my system as my T180 is a 2006 model. If someone could confirm they would be compatible with my system I will definately make you an offer by pm.

It will be compatible, it was an update for my 2007 XT5 which had the same nav unit as your T180. The nav unit didn't change between those dates.

Anyway, if you check for an update here (select RAV and Gen 5 dvd unit and you can use the part number from my photos: "86271 0W060" or "86807 0W060"):

http://www.toyota-mapupdates.eu/

you will see an update for your unit is 159 Euros. Somewhat less than £735. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links