Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Increase In Membership Fees?

Hou

Little confused, haven't been on here much lately and never got chance to renew my TOC supporter package due to being so busy sorting out JAE for TOC then having other things on.

Wentto do it yesterday and noticed it has had a 20% increase in price which to me seems a lot :unsure:

Increase in Mod's wages or something?

By the way - Not started this to cause trouble, just wondered where the increase is going that is all

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raistlin

• Phoenix999

• bothwell_buyer

• Hou

Went to do it yesterday and noticed it has had a 20% increase in price which to me seems a lot :unsure:

But they are worth every penny... :toast:

And being realistic a 20% increase on bugger all is still bugger all... :yahoo:

20% is still a lot though, would love them to up my wage 20%! You wouldn't be happy your insurance going up 20% would you?

20% is still a lot though, would love them to up my wage 20%! You wouldn't be happy your insurance going up 20% would you?

But it's all relative :thumbsup: What can you buy for £ 2.50 these days :crybaby:

OK, I own up. They have had to convene 29 meetings this year to avoid me becoming a mudgearorty thingy.

Some say the moderators had to vote 16 times each to stop me from taking over the forum. That must have cost !!

My view? Who cares, but what I don't know is whether I pay a subscription monthly or whether my wife pays it to keep me out the bedroom??? Answers on a postcard please.

Little confused, haven't been on here much lately and never got chance to renew my TOC supporter package due to being so busy sorting out JAE for TOC then having other things on.

Wentto do it yesterday and noticed it has had a 20% increase in price which to me seems a lot :unsure:

By the way - Not started this to cause trouble, just wondered where the increase is going that is all

A 20% increase on the modest annual subs barely covers the massive wages that are paid to the Moderators and management. :huh: (20% of FA = FA)

Someone has to pay for the lavish lifestyle of the Moderators and Management :P B)

Just think of the huge fees that the "Authorised Traders" have to pay to advertise on here ;)

Why not drop the TOC management a PM and ask them!

Or pay up.............You know it is worth it! :)

A 20% increase on the modest annual subs barely covers the massive wages that are paid to the Moderators and management. :huh: (20% of FA = FA)

Someone has to pay for the lavish lifestyle of the Moderators and Management :P B)

Just think of the huge fees that the "Authorised Traders" have to pay to advertise on here ;)

Why not drop the TOC management a PM and ask them!

Or pay up.............You know it is worth it! :)

Do you pay to be able to mess with peoples posts or have a moan Steve, or do you get it free for the "effort" of modding?

Nice dig on the traders point though Steve, if only you knew the full story hey. And I more or less spent the membership fee out of my own money just arranging things for JAE and sorting tickets covering the postage etc!

20% is still 20% though. Ok lets all look at it this way, what about if petrol (which round here is 113.9p a litre went up 20%, how would you feel @ 136.7p a litre? Or if you have to tell your kids they are getting 20% less sweets in their 20p mix up. 20% of not alot but still 20% of something

I may well send a PM to management too but was wondering if anyone else had noticed the hike?

Tell me about it :lol:

I run a website which just has a small database, and my costs are over £200 a year :eek:

It costs money to run a website, and I would think TOC with its huge database of members and traders would be costly to host, it is also a business, maybe the fee was set too low to start off and is now brought into line with running the site? I don't know how much a supporters package is but would suspect it is reasonable. Hosting, databases, servers and email is expensive when it gets to a business level

Kingo :thumbsup:

Cheers for the input Kingo :thumbsup:

I know that it costs money to run a website, guess it all depends on your hosts. Ours is quite well priced though with unlimited space and bandwidth.

Maybe they have gone up due to the lack of people joining it and the ones willing to pay take the brunt of it. (the conservative way :P)

Back in the day when we had Gold membership you got a little bit back for your money (as you still do on every other forum I pay to be a member of) in the form of stickers, keyrings etc.

Like I said at the start though, I am in no way trying to cause any problems, just looking for peoples views etc

Maybe we should have a membership based on post numbers per year, like having a water meter, bet the general news would be a whole load quieter :lol:

Maybe we should have a membership based on post numbers per year, like having a water meter, bet the general news would be a whole load quieter :lol:

Maybe you should get discount for volume, that's how it works in most businesses.

As to General news going quiter I doubt it, you pays your money... you takes your choice.

And £ 200.00 equates to 55p a day.. A bargain :thumbsup:

:lol:

I look after all our internet, e commerce business and know how much it costs to run a server, maintain it, update it, anti virus, updates bla bla the list goes on forever

I wonder if these comments will get me a discount off management? :rolleyes::lol: I'll get my coat ;)

Kingo :thumbsup:

I know that it costs money to run a website, guess it all depends on your hosts. Ours is quite well priced though with unlimited space and bandwidth.

Maybe they have gone up due to the lack of people joining it and the ones willing to pay take the brunt of it. (the conservative way :P)

Back in the day when we had Gold membership you got a little bit back for your money (as you still do on every other forum I pay to be a member of) in the form of stickers, keyrings etc.

Like I said at the start though, I am in no way trying to cause any problems, just looking for peoples views etc

TOC Membership still offers stickers:

TOC SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIP, for a minimal fee the TOC Supporter member will enjoy unlimited access to the forums and a magical feeling of warmth for contributing towards, and being a part of an exclusive club. TOC Supporter Member (£15.00 per year)

Unlimited access to post within all of our public forums

Access to our supporter moderation free forum

Larger PM storage box from 5 to 1000 PM messages

Ability to upload files/images into forum posts (10 meg)

Ability to upload pictures into the gallery

Can start new polls within Forums

Subscribed Member recognition in forum posts

Use of our Buy & Sell section (private sellers only... no traders please)

Club Stickers (upon request)

A warm and comforting glow from knowing that you are not only a member of an exclusive club - but that you are also actively contributing to the success of the club.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOC SUPPORTER PLUS MEMBERSHIP, for a minimal fee the TOC Supporter member will enjoy unlimited access to the forums and a magical feeling of warmth for contributing towards, and being a part of an exclusive club. For those who use the PM messenger a lot more, TOC Supporter Plus Gives you 3000 PM meesage Inbox Instead of 1000 with standard TOC Supporter. TOC Supporter Member Plus (£17.50 per year)

Larger PM storage box from 5 to 3000 PM messages

Can start new polls whithin Forums

A warm and comforting glow from knowing that you are not only a member of an exclusive club - but that you are also actively contributing to the success of the club.

Quite a bargain at only £15.00 or £17.50 for a years membership (Dependant on which package you choose)

Well I stand corrected, never knew stickers were on offer, didn't see that last year!

You didn't answer my question about you paying Steve

NONE of the moderating team have to justify what contrebutions they make to this club either finacial or personal

It isn't a dig Les, just when someone says pay up, you know it is worth it I will always ask if they too have paid

TOC Membership still offers stickers:

TOC SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIP, for a minimal fee the TOC Supporter member will enjoy unlimited access to the forums and a magical feeling of warmth for contributing towards, and being a part of an exclusive club. TOC Supporter Member (£15.00 per year)

Larger PM storage box from 5 to 1000 PM messages

Can start new polls within Forums

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOC SUPPORTER PLUS MEMBERSHIP, for a minimal fee the TOC Supporter member will enjoy unlimited access to the forums and a magical feeling of warmth for contributing towards, and being a part of an exclusive club. For those who use the PM messenger a lot more, TOC Supporter Plus Gives you 3000 PM meesage Inbox Instead of 1000 with standard TOC Supporter. TOC Supporter Member Plus (£17.50 per year)

Larger PM storage box from 5 to 3000 PM messages

Can start new polls whithin Forums

Quite a bargain at only £15.00 or £17.50 for a years membership (Dependant on which package you choose)

Just a footnote , I have subscribed for three years and I have never been offered any stickers :crybaby:

Well it does say "On request" :rolleyes: :!Removed!: start requesting :lol:

Just a footnote , I have subscribed for three years and I have never been offered any stickers :crybaby:

Maybe you should request from admin? :)

Well it does say "On request" :rolleyes: :shutit: start requesting :lol:

Can I request that... :shutit: :lol:

I was not aware of a 20% hike in the price but then I renewed a short while back and paid £15 for the year. So a 20% increase should mean that my next yearly subscription should be £18 huh.gif From the figures displayed in this thread I am unsure if the prices have risen at all unsure.gif

Frankly I find an increase at this amount to be very excessive given that the annual rate of inflation is running at just over 3%. However as we have the ultimate control over our own finances then we don't have to pay it come renewal time so I'll decide then yes.gif

When I paid for the first year it was 12.50, now it is £15 Steve hence me enquiring about the 20%

End of the day I will more than likely be renewing, just wondering why the increased costs

When I paid for the first year it was 12.50, now it is £15....

Ah right now it makes sense thumbsup.gif

I do understand the reason for your original query and faced with the same I reckon I would have asked the question too yes.gif

When I paid for the first year it was 12.50, now it is £15....

Ah right now it makes sense thumbsup.gif

I do understand the reason for your original query and faced with the same I reckon I would have asked the question too yes.gif

Original cost six years ago £12.50 + 3% for three years then 2% for three years = £ 14.50 so it's not that bad value :thumbsup:

As a new member I found fifteen pounds a year a reasonable price to help keep the club running.Oh,Raist,my Corolla looks great with it's club sticker in the back window :P :lol:

As a new member I found fifteen pounds a year a reasonable price to help keep the club running.Oh,Raist,my Corolla looks great with it's club sticker in the back window :P :lol:

It's probably doubled the value of the car... :yahoo: