Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gen 3 Heated Door Mirrors?

Fluffmeister

Should Gen3's have heated door mirrors? I thought I would ask whilst waiting for my dealer to get back to me :) it may be quicker.

My T-Spirit does not seem to have them, fire her up, stick on the heated rear window, pop on the front demist all works, but the mirrors never heat. I checked fuses etc and all seems well, so do they have them? I would have thought so in 2010, and did some little fellow forget to plug mine in at the factory :)

Heated door mirrors are standard on all gen3 prius.

They turn on with the rear window demist.

Even my T3 has got them. :)

My T-Spirit does not seem to have them, fire her up, stick on the heated rear window, pop on the front demist all works, but the mirrors never heat.

Yes, as Seamaster's screenshot shows, all Gen 3 grades have headed mirrors. You should only need to switch on the heated rear window to activate them, and you should be able to feel them getting warm after a few minutes (the manual warns you not to touch them but on my T3 I can easily feel the heat with the back of my hand).

Oh well, no fuse related issues on mine, I checked them at the weekend, so maybe some other problem that's relay related or they are just not hooked up. They are 100% not working though, no heat in them at all.

It's something else for the dealer to fix on the 10k service along with the lego dashboard :)

Definitely have them on my gen3 t-spirit - you can see the grid heat up when the mirrors are misty...

:thumbsup:

Definitely have them on my gen3 t-spirit - you can see the grid heat up when the mirrors are misty...

:thumbsup:

Yes, likewise hottest of all heated mirrors I've every had. It is quite funny at this cold morning to watch.

Just thinking aren't they clever as in they won't come on when there is nothing on them?