Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Movember

Hou

Hey all,

Prostate cancer is a subject very close to my heart. I have lost two family members to it, my father has to get regular checks just incase due to it running in the family and one day I may even get it.

As with all cancers it is a horrible painful illness that effects men only.

In light of this Movember was started and is a national event. It is to sponsor someone to grow a Mo (moustache) for the whole of november. I will be partaking in this and starting up a team of people doing the same.

I know during these tough financial times it is hard to spare that little bit, but anything will help.

When my team is running I will link you to my offical page to donate and just give us messages of support.

Funniest bit though is although I have brown hair....................my beard grows ginger!!!!

Cheers in advance,

Hou

Nice one Hou, this event really does bring the subject to peoples minds.

I'll be growing a Mo this Movember also, but I've already been collared into my works group. I think I'm going to end up looking a bit Freddie Mercury tbh.

Where as I think I will be more kiker from village people!

Good luck dude, and feel free to update this thread with your efforts!

Cheers for the pictures dude!

Here are some facts:

Prostate Cancer Facts

Prostate cancer has overtaken lung cancer to become the most common cancer in men.

Each year in the UK, around 36,000* men are diagnosed with prostate cancer.

This increasing incidence is largely due to a higher number of cases being diagnosed (through the greater use of PSA tests) and the influence of an ageing population.

About 10,000 men die from prostate cancer every year in the UK. This works out as more than one man every hour

Not nice reading but something all men should think about!

• 2 weeks later...

My best friend died from prostrate cancer which spread through his body - best guy on the planet and suffered for almost 10 years. So I've told my wife that I will cease to pay her visits to the beauty salon for eyebrow plucking; moustache removal; waxing etc. Hopefully I can send some donation in end November, but I won't be posting any pictures thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

well done - must admit I can only go for 5 days without shaving then it drives me nuts. Think the wife has managed most of the month without shaving her moustache so I've sent a donation!! (Please please don't tell her but ! )

well done - must admit I can only go for 5 days without shaving then it drives me nuts. Think the wife has managed most of the month without shaving her moustache so I've sent a donation!! (Please please don't tell her but ! )

Thanks for the generous donation dude, really appreciate it!

Hope you and the team get what you deserve (haha) - no I mean raise lots of cash!! :thumbsup::lol: