Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1999 Camry

diamond

Hello I am New to this forum, but with the content I read sure seems to be helpful.

I have one question. I just bought a 99 camry, and the check engine light turned on in 15 days. The dealer says that I had not turned in my gas cap properly.

I kind of find it hard to believe the fact that a check engine light sensor is connected to the gas cap, and the light turned on 3 days after I topped up the tank.

Did any of the members have had the same problem, as it is a minor error, and many would over look it and get into trouble.

I will have to pay $ 45 for getting it checked as it is not covered under warranty.

Can anybody help me in this matter. I just want to be sure that this kind of a problem does exist.

Thanks

Diamond.

It more common that you might think. It's not just Toyota's, GM cars also do it and I'm sure others as well.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links