Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boot Buddy

KATYB

Has anyone got one of these for their IQ ?

I found a picture of one in an IQ and thought it was a great idea to stop things in the back ending up in the rear footwell! I also transport my small dog in the back and worry if I have to break hard he too will fall off onto the footwell or worse :-(

Im thinking of ordering one custom made for the IQ just wondered if anyone had one?

http://www.boot-buddy.com/what-is-boot-buddy.asp

• 3 months later...

I found a picture of one in an IQ and thought it was a great idea to stop things in the back ending up in the rear footwell! I also transport my small dog in the back and worry if I have to break hard he too will fall off onto the footwell or worse :-(

Im thinking of ordering one custom made for the IQ just wondered if anyone had one?

Did you get one? I currently have an iQ on order and am researching the best way to keep our dog safe in the car. I have been looking at Boot Buddy. Is there anywhere to fix a harness to in the back when the rear seats are folded as our present car harness plugs into the seat belt connection which is hidden beneath the seats.

Did you get one? I currently have an iQ on order and am researching the best way to keep our dog safe in the car. I have been looking at Boot Buddy. Is there anywhere to fix a harness to in the back when the rear seats are folded as our present car harness plugs into the seat belt connection which is hidden beneath the seats.

On the horizontal sill of the rear hatch opening of the IQ there are two plastic covers, about 50mm square, which unclip to reveal a metal ring under each to which you could attach a lead or something similar.I use one of them to "tie-down" my spare wheel which lies on the folded down seats.

With this solution you are going to loose quite a bit of space, because the 'boot' flares out as you get close to the back of the front seats and I cant see how that design will fill in to the corners. There isnt much space as it is, my weekly shop just fits. Im almost sure it wouldnt if I didnt have the extra space in the corners just behind the front seats.

For carrying a dog you really want a dog guard, but im not sure how that is going to work as the 'floor' of the boot is really a seat and so isnt something you can fix them to very securely. You could remove the back seats completely, but then you have a huge gap to seal.

On the horizontal sill of the rear hatch opening of the IQ there are two plastic covers, about 50mm square, which unclip to reveal a metal ring under each to which you could attach a lead or something similar.I use one of them to "tie-down" my spare wheel which lies on the folded down seats.

That is something I have not spotted. I'll need to visit the dealer again to have a look. Do you have any idea what these rings are actually there for? I did consider using the rings at the top where the seats clip on but decided that was probably not a good idea.

Those are Child Seat fixings but I used one quite successfully to clip a dog harness to when I had a greyhound. He used to stand up in the back and look over my shoulder as I was driving (secured with the harness to the clip in case of sudden stops)

Paul

• 3 months later...

Sorry just found Chris-John just found your question I know a bit late but yes i bought a Boot Buddy here it is

Photo410.jpg

Photo404.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
the best way to keep our dog safe in the car

I cant see how sticking it in a box is going to keep it any safer, lol. In my opinion, i think the boot buddy is just a waste of money. The designer must be laughing all the way to the bank.

The dog on the other hand is lovely.

I have a giant Schnauzer and she manages to fit in and sit comfortably in the back, whats needed is a big bit of mesh to stop her leaning over and licking my face!!