Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Please Help

johnallick

98 toyota avensis 1.8 manual just had brand new clutch drove 7 miles and the was a sound like it was in reverse but going forward now i carnt get it in gear can anyone please help

98 toyota avensis 1.8 manual just had brand new clutch drove 7 miles and the was a sound like it was in reverse but going forward now i carnt get it in gear can anyone please help

If you had no problems before the new clutch was fitted and the installation of a new clutch requires dismantling of the cables etc for the gear change I would recommend that you contact the garage that fitted the clutch and get them to sort it out.

Fitter

Another possible cause is air in the hydraulic system or a fluid leak, or both.

If that's the case, the clutch plates won't lift properly and changing gears becomes "noisy", difficult, or even impossible.

I it were me, I would ring that garage, tell them to pick up the car from where I left it, and sort it out... asap. :ffs:

i looked to see if there where any leaks but there none

got the rac to come look at it and they said that it was the gearbox that has gone took it back to the garage and they said he same have ordered second hand gear box hopefully this should fix the proberlem will keep you all updated

thanks for everyone for all the good advise