Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2004 1.8 Avensis Engine Oil Problems

PeaJay

Hi...

Sorry if this goes over old ground. :crybaby:

But, my 2004 53 plate Avensis has just suffered a terminal lack of oil (it ran out and now sounds like a bag of spanners)! Its going into the local Toyota garage to test if it is the known issue (known now - now that I have looked for it on here!!!) If it is they say Mr T may replace engine, but this has caveats... Now my car has been serviced for the last 2 yrs by a Peugeot main dealer, so not a full Toyota Service History, but a full history none the less. :unsure:

If this is a known issue, and looks to be a design fault, i dont see why me as a customer would have to foot the bill for something that is not my making. :ffs:

Does anyone have an email address fot the UK Customer Services department.

I want to bang off an email to them as I want Mr T to help if this is a new engine, as otherwise its a right-off

Ok... I now know this fault is old hat, but 60 views (so far) and no replies... :unsure:

Someone must know, someone? please? :crybaby:

Peajay,

Toyota HQ is :

Great Burgh

Burgh Heath

Epsom

Surrey

KT18 5UX

T +44 (0)1737 363 633

F +44 (0)1737 367 700

Toyota GB Customer Relations on 0800 1388 744

Call them, get an email address if they have one.

By the way, this was all found very quickly on the internet. Probably why nobody else replied.

Best of luck.

Carinfront...

yes, probably...

As you quite rightly say, the write and phone details are readily available online.

i was just hoping that someone had the email - if no-one else has done this then fair dos

hi

my 1.8 t3-x 04 2003 was useing over 1.5 litre of oil in under 1000 miles. last year i took the car to jonhsons in liverpool and they filled the car with oil and i had to drive 1000 miles,but only lasted 600 miles before i was under the minimal ( min to max is 1 litre of oil )on the dipstick. they replaced the engine block with pistons ( called a motor engine i think )in under 2 days very quick with excellent service from them also given a free cutessy car all for free.my car was seviced by toyota for the first 4 years but for the past 2 years from a local garage with sevice stamps and the car had 78000 miles on the clock. i think to get your car under the waranty you have to have a full service history with stamps, under 100,000 miles and under 7 years old i think. ps jonhsons liverpool now service my d4d avensis and the 1.8t3x

Thanks!

Hopefully there is hope then!

Mines done 86k and is 9 yrs old! (so sneaking under those limits)

Just have to speak nicely to Mr T about my service history

Thanks!

Hopefully there is hope then!

Mines done 86k and is 9 yrs old! (so sneaking under those limits)

Just have to speak nicely to Mr T about my service history

if you can prove that the non toyota servicing was carried out to the toyota scedule and toyota parts were used (oil filter etc) then you may be lucky and get a new shotrt engine fitted.

but each claim is considered indiviualy,because one claim is exepted it does not mean yours will.

good luck anyway peaJay.

Hi...

Sorry if this goes over old ground. :crybaby:

But, my 2004 53 plate Avensis has just suffered a terminal lack of oil (it ran out and now sounds like a bag of spanners)! Its going into the local Toyota garage to test if it is the known issue (known now - now that I have looked for it on here!!!) If it is they say Mr T may replace engine, but this has caveats... Now my car has been serviced for the last 2 yrs by a Peugeot main dealer, so not a full Toyota Service History, but a full history none the less. :unsure:

If this is a known issue, and looks to be a design fault, i dont see why me as a customer would have to foot the bill for something that is not my making. :ffs:

Does anyone have an email address fot the UK Customer Services department.

I want to bang off an email to them as I want Mr T to help if this is a new engine, as otherwise its a right-off

Hi Peajay,if you have a ZZT220,221,250 or 251 engine there is a Special Operation program your Toyota dealer can use to submit an extended warranty claim for you. You wont get a new engine only an Optifit short block as there is a known issue with the oil control rings on the pistons allowing oil to burn hence the oil level goes down quickly. As a previous person has mentioned, it doesnt matter who service the car (block excemption) as long as genuine parts have been used and the service book stamped as evidence is sometimes reqd to support a claim. Hope thi helps.

Each car is taken on it's own merits, it was a known problem, but most cars are now outside the 100K 7 years old (Did I read it correctly-yours is 9 years old?) so you will have to go through the proper channels and that is through the dealer. Contacting customer relations and kicking off at them will not help your case (not saying you will-but) much better to give TGB the facts, tell them the history, copies of invoices, service history etc, and what dealer you are dealing with. Stay calm, be polite but firm, the minute you start a rant, game over!

Customer.relations@tgb.toyota.co.uk is the address you are after

Kingo :thumbsup:

I realise the cases are taken on their own merrits...

My car is 2004 registed, so 6 yrs old and has 86k miles on the clock, I have it fully serviced it every year. My local Toyota garage (part of the Westover chain) talked over the phone about the 7 yr, 100k miles with service history when I booked it in. When I collected it they confirmed that the engine is, as I suspected, cream crackered.

However, the service guy said, the warrenty is for 5 yrs or 60k miles, and that one of my services was a bit late in 2005. So, I have caused this damage in 05, its too old and its got too many miles on the clock so I have no claim to make!

So, my local garage has essentially washed their hands of it, saying it will cost me about £4k to fix, so for a 6 yr old Toyota, this is a write off as it is not worth that. So I have no car and no viable asset to use as a deposit for a replacement. I have found reports of this fault going back to when I purchased this car, if I had known I may never have purchased this car.

I am exceptionally unhappy with the treatment I have received from Toyota, specifically the "its your fault, we can offer nothing in the way of help".

Hence my want to take this further than the local garage

by the way

Thank you very much Parts-King :thumbsup:

I have now sent a very polite and hopefully firmly worded mail to the email you supplied

I will see what kind of response i get

• 2 weeks later...

OK, my faith in Toyota has been restored! :yahoo:

Just had a call from a nice man at Toyota GB who apologised for taking longer than the 3 working days to reply, but gave me good news :thumbsup:

They have informed me that my local garage will be in contact with me to arrange for when my car can go in to have the relevant engine repairs done - under warranty! :toast:

(This is the same garage that told me it wasn't covered and it was my fault, so have to be nice and not point that out B) )

So, many many thanks Parts-King for the email - the right question, posed the right way, at the right point got the right results :yahoo:

(sorry for the emoticon-fest - happy!)

Of course, i'll be even happier when its actually happened - was contemplating having to buy a new car, or plump for a company car!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links