Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Wiper

steadyman

2 members have voted

1. 1. Please does anyone know how to fit a wiper motor, I am looking for a spare motor as well

• wiper
    • replace rear wiper
  2. 2. Please does anyone know how to change a window regulator

• windscreen
    • change regulator

My rear wiper motor is not working and please could anybody let me know how it could be changed

You do not specify which body you have but the interior trim on the boot/hatch or wagon door needs to be removed. Remove the wiper arm. Remove the three bolts holding the motor and disconnect the wiring connector and lift out the motor.

Fitter

WIPER & WASHER.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Fitter. Really appreciate the answer on this string. Did the deed on my Son's W reg Avensis this a.m. and no problems with replacement. Thanks a lot.

Only other question I have is how do you set the autostop to ensure that the motor doesn't swing the arm beyond the window and out over the side of the car?

Regards FJN.

Hey Fitter. Really appreciate the answer on this string. Did the deed on my Son's W reg Avensis this a.m. and no problems with replacement. Thanks a lot.

Only other question I have is how do you set the autostop to ensure that the motor doesn't swing the arm beyond the window and out over the side of the car?

Regards FJN.

Sorry Can't help you there, electrics not my forte. I believe that the auto stop was built into the motor. Have you got the correct motor and arm in right place?

Fitter

Regards FJN.

Hi mate, I hope i'm on the right track here for what you are asking and providing the motor and linkage is fitted correctly .......

Start the wiper then switch off to let the wiper self park, remove the wiper arm and refit it where you want it to be parked. Restart and switch off the wiper once more, it should now stop it the correct place every time because as Fitter says the electrical contact stops are inside the motor.

Regards Pete.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm trying to fix my rear wiper which is constantly on (2001 D4-D, hatchback).

Have stripped down the motor, emptied the water, dried out, re-greased and re-fitted, but still won't stop!

I'm now thinking maybe the relay of the stalk is at fault.

Anyone know how to check the pins on the rear wiper motor connector block?

I think you'll find this is a common fault across the Toyota range. I jsut swapped my Corolla that had the same problem. A long look in the 'net pointed to you need to replace it. Sorry. If it's any consolation my "new" Avensis has the same problem. You'd think Toyota would have sorted this out by now.