Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bargain Side Steps!

benxt5

Just Fitted a set of steps I bought off eBay and gave the car a mini detail. Just thought I'd share the results with you and get your honest opinions.

They fitted ok once i'd sussed how they attached (it said nothing in the instructions about putting the plate with bolt welded to it into the hole in the chassis rail). Very wierd compared to anything else I've fitted...

Anyway, here are the results - sorry about the crap photos, they were taken with my iPhone.

4f9b79b2.jpg

f165fa24.jpg

8dd65f8c.jpg

353560f6.jpg

1ee0e06e.jpg

...and a before shot for comparison -

rav4001.jpg

Cost £137 including p&p!

They really finish it off. Nice detailing too :thumbsup:

Yes very smart + I note you can still retain frt mudflaps, which apparently you can't with the latest Toyota ones :unsure: Stew

They really finish it off. Nice detailing too :thumbsup:

Yes very smart + I note you can still retain frt mudflaps, which apparently you can't with the latest Toyota ones :unsure: Stew

I reckon you shouldn't but all I did was undo the rear screw athe bottom and rob an inch by bending the bottom forwards slightly. I have about an inch between the rear end if the step and the rear tyre. Plenty room...

Otherwise it would foul the rear tyre.

The car came as is when I bought it (bar the steps of course) so afraid I can't help you. I think they were part of an option pack, along with the full width boot sill protector, a winter or protection pack maybe?!? I'm sure someone will know for definate...

Hi they look fab,also can you tell me where you had side door trims and how much.

thanks micky777

IIRC, they were about 70 quid from T-dealer (for just the side/door strips). Parts-King will sort yuo out with a special price if you PM him :) ...and DaveM did a useful tutorial on how to fit them.

They do also come as a part of the "protection pack". In the PP, you also get some tiny bits of rubber that you stick to corners of your bumbpers. I was told not to bother with those as they easily fall off.

Really nice side-steps, by the way. :thumbsup:

Cheers!

I must have the protection pack then as I have the corner bits too. Fortunately non have fallen off yet!

The boot lip protector looks different to others I have seen also but does look like a proper Toyota part...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links