Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Window Tinting

The Cav

I'm thinking of tinting the rear windows of my BLACK 2.2 Avensis T Spirit

and also My Daughters SXI Astra 5 door... any one done it?.... and if so how easy is it???

Ive ordered a demo DVD to study before buying the tint ....

any info would be greatly received

At present i have been quoted £140 per car to have done

I would like to think i could save at least £110 per car buying my own tint and tools

just don't want to make a ba**s of it so... As I asked has anyone done it themselves and was it easy and successful

I have my windows tinted but that is a standard fit on my model.

I have seen the job done as a DIY fit and to be honest the work was c**p.... too many people think it is easy huh.gif

I guess the main aim is to make sure the window surface is totally clean before applying the film. I guess if you follow the instructions to the letter and do not try to cut corners then it might well end up as a good job.

Please make sure you do not do the front side windows as this would most likely be illegal.

Good luck with the job and maybe you can post up a photo or two when you have finished thumbsup.gif

I'm thinking of tinting the rear windows of my BLACK 2.2 Avensis T Spirit

and also My Daughters SXI Astra 5 door... any one done it?.... and if so how easy is it???

Ive ordered a demo DVD to study before buying the tint ....

any info would be greatly received

At present i have been quoted £140 per car to have done

I would like to think i could save at least £110 per car buying my own tint and tools

just don't want to make a ba**s of it so... As I asked has anyone done it themselves and was it easy and successful

Doing a DIY will be very difficult...just get it done professionaly. Plus don't forget the law...For vehicles first used after 1th of april 1985 the windscreen must allow 75% of light to be transmited whilst the the windows of either side of the driver must allow 70% of light to be transmitted through them. Also you'll need to notify you insurers as this is a modification. But having done all that it will be worth it. I got mines done at www.polimax.co uk in London, very professional.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had many a car done by Russell @ privacy tinting in Golborne, Warrington. I've watched them on many occasions do it and it's like plastering, once you've honed your skills it's one of those things that you need 'the knack', your first few attempts will be a waste of time and film. The important bit is getting rid of the wrinkles wich isn't as easy as most people think. The quality of the film is also important, cheap film looks cheap. I've seen plenty of poor jobs done and the film almost looks blue instead of black and they havent removed the surrounding trims so you can see from the outside where they've cut the film short.

Russell always did a good job and charged reasonable rates.

http://www.privacytinting.co.uk

Don't even think of doing it, by the time you have paid for the tint, struggled to put it on properly without any wrinkles or bubbles then you step back have a look at it and think that is crap. You then pay out again to have it done properly, so save yourself the time and have it done by some one who knows how to do it.

I had mine done 4 years ago and it still looks good.