Do Not Sell My Personal Information

E12 Corolla:license Plate Bulb Replacement.

Phi

Hi, :help:

I've got newbie question I would to ask you all for some advice & feedback. Here goes I currently drive a "2005 - E12 Corolla hatchback" and 1 of my rear number plate lamps need replacing.

I've located the replacement bulb (501 T10) from the useful sticky guide on here : http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=115346&st=0&p=1043413&hl=bulb%20license&fromsearch=1entry1043413

So I've got my replacement bulb and my Corolla manual to hand, but the manual doesn't mention how to access or remove the existing bulbs :eek: . I've opened the boot lid & identified the 2 clip on panels near the handles used close the boot lid. But I still can not access the license place bulbs.

Not sure if I required to move all plastic surrounds in the boot lid... So if anyone has experience in replacing their rear number plate bulb please post your feedback please... Kinda don't want to go to Halford as I've got the feeling they bodge it. :rolleyes:

Cheers.. :help:

HI

Im no expert but i think i know this one...open your boot...on the inside you'll see like a plastic panel/lid that you pull off...one on each side depending on which bulb needs replacing...once off you'll need pretty small fingers to get inside that tight space and twist the bulb holder out...pull it out...change the bulb as one would...and reverse fit! So sorry i cant explain it better than that...but i managed to do it on my 06 hatch corolla recently!

sammy

HI

Im no expert but i think i know this one...open your boot...on the inside you'll see like a plastic panel/lid that you pull off...one on each side depending on which bulb needs replacing...once off you'll need pretty small fingers to get inside that tight space and twist the bulb holder out...pull it out...change the bulb as one would...and reverse fit! So sorry i cant explain it better than that...bit i managed to do it on my 06 hatch corolla recently!

sammy

Hi Sammy,

Thanks for the quick response :thumbsup: , I think I've located the 2x pop out panels you mention in the boot lid. So I shall give it another try tomorrow morning :lol:

And thanks again. :thumbsup:

No no no lol, to access the number plate lamp bulbs look up into the one that still works and you will see two phillips screws simply remove these and it should fall out, if it doesnt fall out then a small amount of persasion with a flat blade screwdriver will help.

Matt.

the manual tells you how to change them. maybe you're looking at the wrong section?

Hi guys just a mini update - I've now managed to change bulbs. Thanks for the feedback :thumbsup:

Just a note the Driver side license bulb - requires the removal of 2 screws, too remove the black metal bracket to access the bulb" as described by matt & "the Passenger license bulb is simply locating the bulb behind the panel & twist" as described by sammy.

Hi guys just a mini update - I've now managed to change bulbs. Thanks for the feedback :thumbsup:

Just a note the Driver side license bulb - requires the removal of 2 screws, too remove the black metal bracket to access the bulb" as described by matt & "the Passenger license bulb is simply locating the bulb behind the panel & twist" as described by sammy.

HI Phi

Glad you sorted it out...did say i was no expert...but i swear i did it my way and i managed to swap both bulbs round...maybe i took the long way round...i'll check mine to see if it has screws now lol! Sorry.

sammy