Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Yaris 2012

sparkyauris

Hi Guys

Im 15 and want to get a yaris for my first car when im 17. i was looking around google and i found this(its all in japeneese) :

http://toyota.vo.llnwd.net/e1/toyota/vitz/index.html?adid=ag042.from.toyotajp.vitz&padid=ag042.from.toyotajp.vitz

as you can see this is clearly a sneek peek at the vitz (japans name for yaris)

if you need further proof this is our next yaris then look at this leaked image of it on this icars article:

http://www.icars.sg/2010/16107/2012-toyota-yaris-revealed-via-leaked-brochure/

the relevence of the japaneese site is that it contains sneek peeks as to what the new interior looks like

(byebye centrally mounted digital dash :'0 ) it looks like it takes styling ques from the newly announced Verso-s and iQ

so what do you guys think?

I think it looks fantastic, like the sharp angles and agressive styling and looks so much better than the current model.

Wondering if the Yaris pictured is the new T-sport model, certainly looks the part with the spoilers and wheels.

Nice find btw and good luck saving for your first Yaris. :thumbsup:

How big is it?

It looks like it's gained tubbyness compared to the Mk1's especially :P

The Mk1 was great as it's right in between the Auris and the Aygo, Mk2 was something like a foot longer and a bit higher, but the one in that pic looks almost the size of an Auris! :unsure:

The front definitely has a less cute and more angry look ;)

I do hope there's a better range of trims and extras tho'; The current selection is pretty abysmal :(

Unfortunately the grey sporty looking yaris is the Modellista Kit (as it says on the numberplate), and Toyota will be only be selling the boring coloured ones pictured below it.

still better looking than the current yaris. hopefully will come with a decent engine this time. a 1.0 turbo would be nice, or something along VW/Fiat etc. line of a 1.4 turbo/Supercharger.

When I bought my new Yaris last month, I gently asked "why on earth is the display mounted between passenger and driver?"

The salesman replied "Oh, I love it there" - nice save not.

So placing the rev counter/speedo in front of the driver, is both a step back and a step forward :rolleyes:

Well Guys more news a quick google news search for "toyota yaris 2012" shows articles about toyota announcing that a new small hybrid car will be built at TMMF, toyotas french factory.

As most of you will know, the france plant only manufactures yaris(es?) and we already have an auris HSD, so, and this is just a guess, i think there will be a HSD version of the 2012 model.

somebody posted a article up here a while back with a picture of a very weighed down yaris, and we all guessed it must have been the batteries for the hsd.

Im still mourning the loss of the digital dash, as i think the dials pictured are really dull. Don't know why there is an analogue dials on the 2010 TR either, they are hard to read and just arent as cool ;)

It seems as though the interior will share many parts with the verso s, also a very bland interior but toyota promises improved quality (personally i dont really care about soft touch plastics, i dont spend my time feeling them so why should i care- id rather have a cool looking dash instead)

Are you sure about the modelista not being sold? i know that in many other countries such as the us, you can buy even the most basic yaris with a "sports" kit which looks pretty good, its just toyota UK that are weird!

I really like the look of the new yaris, hopefully this is a sign of things to come at toyota! i never understood why they updated it in 2009, they ruined the front of the thing! unfortunately if i can afford it thats the one im aiming for, in t2 spec, as it is by far the cheepest on the used market, losing half its value in a year! so dont buy a t2 new!

When I bought my new Yaris last month, I gently asked "why on earth is the display mounted between passenger and driver?"

The salesman replied "Oh, I love it there" - nice save not.

So placing the rev counter/speedo in front of the driver, is both a step back and a step forward :rolleyes:

But but but I like my digital and centralized dash :crybaby:

It doesn't get obscured by the wheel and it's much clearer to see at a glance!

But but but I like my digital and centralized dash :crybaby:

It doesn't get obscured by the wheel and it's much clearer to see at a glance!

With both seat and steering wheel adjustment, the dials shouldn't be too obscure.

• 4 weeks later...

just an update if you log on to the website theres even more pictures of it unmasked, the motoring press seems not to have really picked up on this website yet...

the new clues are that

- yes, the centrally mounted speedo, along with most of the other iconic yaris feactures, is dead!

- from the pictures the door handles are the same design as the current one...

- these pictures seem to reveal a much blander version than the sporty "modellesta" package one pictured in the leeded leaflet

+ the engines are roumored to be the same, 1.0 VVT-i 1.33 duel VVT-i petrol and 1.4 D4D Diesel

If you look at this thread, I put links in it to the new Yaris last week....

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=117507

The official Toyota US brochure has already been leaked, so there are full & clear pictures here of what the US range will look like. It launches in Japan and Europe shortly after the US.

• 2 weeks later...

i don't like it :( It looks angry. In fact the front lights look like that on the new Prius.

So Mr. Toyoda wants Toyota to make cars such that its owners can have an "emotional connection". But having a car that is cute is part of the emotional connection.

I like it that my 2010 ('60) Silver Yaris is cute.

I love my Mrk. 1 because of the digital and central mounted dash. Looks so futuristic and funky, a cross between Blade Runner and the Fifth Element sort of stuff. The Yaris has changed so much from the Mrk. 1 that if I ever get rid of mine or it kicks the bucket, I'll have to look for either another Mrk. 1 or slightly newer model but won't be going for the new Yaris. They're no longer a super mini but instead have joined the ranks of all the other boring and medium sized cars in my books.

I love my SR, it does everything i want without fuss. Does remind me of the mk1 Golf, in that it's that kind of quickish car that handles well, surprises most new cars and is still stylish after 10yrs.

Keep thinking of changing it but what to buy? More than likely another Jap model mk1, but this time a thunder grey or black T-S. :D

Next year maybe. :yes:

i don't like it :( It looks angry. In fact the front lights look like that on the new Prius.

So Mr. Toyoda wants Toyota to make cars such that its owners can have an "emotional connection". But having a car that is cute is part of the emotional connection.

I like it that my 2010 ('60) Silver Yaris is cute.

yeah i know what you mean, the current yaris is the one that i will probibly get when im 17, i prefer the facelifted version, it looks more cute than the older one and is defanetly more characterful, i would love an sr version but they are extreemly rare and expencive in scotland, where evrybody has a t2 lol

• 1 month later...

I like Yaris Mk2 especially for it's typical bubbly japanese pokemon-like front style and high roof end. Mk1 reminded me bit of a cheap mishap to mini class car. And the 2012 model reminds me of the typical masss produced Ford Fiesta, Vuxhall Corsa and Renault Clios. Lost in the background, awful. Interior looks cheaply designed and shows off typical low class car. Although Mk2 kept it hidden well.

HI all, what's the fuss?? It's a little lower than the currant (2009)model,a tiny bit longer, windows with UV Blocker,

BUT,the engine, 1,33lt, is the same fuel saver, and very good for this Mid-Mini car. Everyone has different opinions

on "Looks", Colours, Alloy-Wheels, etc,etc. The Yaris,as it is now,is a very nice economical small car,and the 2012

just steps foreward to 2012 Design parameters. What is MOST Important for Users and Toyota, is that QUALITY must have

top Priority. Toyota Quality, has to be JUST THAT, and not anything else. ( There used to be a slogan for another

tasty product) "KEEP GOING STRONG". all of the best, Mechanic39.

Yeah, if the quality is very good it won't matter so much but I doubt it will be - The Auris is basically the successor to the Corolla and it has traded solid quality for gadgets and features; This is the general trend across the industry alas because quality costs money and they believe nobody will pay that kind of money for a small car.

The extra size will make it markedly bigger than the Mk1, now approaching Honda Jazz size, and they got rid of the little details like central digital dash, and no return of the sunroof.

It's even looking uncertain whether there will be a D4D version so less and less reasons to get one over any of the other small cars out there :(

I wonder if they will be making a HSD version if they don't make a D4D tho'...

Does anyone know if the engines in 2012 models will be the same as the current models 3 cylinder 1.0l, 4 cylinder 1.33l and D4D?

Does anyone know if the engines in 2012 models will be the same as the current models 3 cylinder 1.0l, 4 cylinder 1.33l and D4D?

Info is that for Europe, we get the same 1,0lt 3 Cylinder, and the '09 introduced 1,33lt 4 cylinder. Keep a watch

on the Infos coming out for the Geneva Auto-Show,early March. later, Mechanic39.