Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

P1251?

Aidan Mc

Hi everyone!

I've had my 2004 Avensis D4D for about a year and this is my first post on this site as this is the first problem i've had :crybaby:

I was driving to work a few weeks ago and all of a sudden it went into limp mode. I switched the car off and back on again and the engine light came on but all seemed well. I took her to my local garage and he told me that code P1251 came up on their computer and that my turbo was finished and that I needed a new turbo. This ****** me off quiet a bit but i thought what's done is done.

As I was waiting for an appointment to get for my garage I discovered that the car went into limp mode at the top of the same hill the next 2 times it happened so I just drop the car into 4th when I get to that spot now and the car seems to be running fine. It has not happened in over a week now, as it seems I can control when it happenes. What do I do now? Is my turbo gone? :help:

Hi everyone!

I've had my 2004 Avensis D4D for about a year and this is my first post on this site as this is the first problem i've had :crybaby:

I was driving to work a few weeks ago and all of a sudden it went into limp mode. I switched the car off and back on again and the engine light came on but all seemed well. I took her to my local garage and he told me that code P1251 came up on their computer and that my turbo was finished and that I needed a new turbo. This ****** me off quiet a bit but i thought what's done is done.

As I was waiting for an appointment to get for my garage I discovered that the car went into limp mode at the top of the same hill the next 2 times it happened so I just drop the car into 4th when I get to that spot now and the car seems to be running fine. It has not happened in over a week now, as it seems I can control when it happenes. What do I do now? Is my turbo gone? :help:

I experienced a this problem (P1251 error Code also) and my local Toyota garage wanted to replace the while Turbo unit at £1200. There was less than 40000miles on the car at the time so was very sceptical that the turbo had gone and I had been running it with this problem since I acquired it with 15000miles on it.

I replaced the EGR valve which also contains the stepper motor that the error code refered to and the problem is now fixed. Total cost £250 including the part wich I found on line.

Best of luck.

Hi everyone!

I experienced a this problem (P1251 error Code also) and my local Toyota garage wanted to replace the while Turbo unit at £1200. There was less than 40000miles on the car at the time so was very sceptical that the turbo had gone and I had been running it with this problem since I acquired it with 15000miles on it.

I replaced the EGR valve which also contains the stepper motor that the error code refered to and the problem is now fixed. Total cost £250 including the part wich I found on line.

Best of luck.

Thanks for the help lads! My Avensis has over 100k done, so perhaps my turbo is gone??

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links