Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

S Reg Avensis Beeping With Locking/unlocking Of Doors

Tommy Yang

Dear all - I have a S reg (1999) Toyota Avensis 2.0

The car has been running fairly smoothly but over the weekend when I tried to lock/unlock the car doors with the key fob, it started giving me this very annoying beeping sound.

Can someone pls advise me what may be wrong with the car as the manual didn't say very much and nothing was on the dash board....

Cheers,

Tommy

Do you have a sun roof ?

Try opening and closing it.

If you turn the interior light to door does it stay on when all the doors are shut?

Check all fuses.

Hi Peter - thanks for the reply, tried the sun roof & interior door and everything seems to be working ok..

Have asked around and someone suggested that the key fob Battery may need changing....

went and done that, now the problem is i can unlock the door without beeping/but i can only MANUALLY unlock and by doing that the warning lights come on and driving around with the immobilizer red light on is just annoying...any tips would be greatly appreciated...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links