Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

3 Door 4.1 - Repalcing The Seatbelt Buckle

Worlds End Stu

Hi All,

Just got a replacement seatbelt buckle (thanks Parts King) for my 3 door 4.1 and i'm not sure the best way to go about replacing it.

The Haynes manual is light on any detail.

It looks to me that i'd either have to remove all the plastic center console to get enough access to remove all the plastic at the side of the seat to get access to the buckle bolt OR maybe it would be easier to take the seats out completely?

Only other thing that looks a possibility is moving the seat as far back as possible and unscrewing the now visible rear trim screw and then it might be possible to ease the plastic surround forward enough to get a spanner in and undo the buckle.

Waddaya reckon? Anyone else done this before?

Stu.

I personally would whip the seat out for that. Take the back bolts out after sliding the seat forward then slide it back and do the fronts. For goodness sake if it has seatbelt pretensioners disconnect the Battery for 5 mins first.

• 3 weeks later...

sorry - away on holiday when it was posted. Did you manage it....ikts not hard just a footer.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links