Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Corolla Club Meeting

GeoffreyPF

Hey everyone!

I'm new to the website and was wondering when is there going to be a meeting. Also are there any parts i can get for a cheap price?

Hey mate, there is a meets section which you should look at.

What parts are you looking for?

Hey man, well anything really. Just want to mod my car =D. Where is the meet section?

Hey man, well anything really. Just want to mod my car =D. Where is the meet section?

Try here:

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showforum=29

Try here:

where can i get car parts from? im looking to modify my car

Try here:

As asked above............What parts are you looking for?

Well for a start we need to know what model corolla you have and what engine. I have a 1989 AE92 GTi-16 with a 4A-GE engine, me dad has a 2006 Corolla T-Sport with a 2ZZ-GE engine.

What do you have?

I have used many websites such as europerformance.co.uk, www.fensport.co.uk , www.eaurocarparts.co.uk and soon I'll be spending a lot of £££ at tweak-it.net for my Blue Top Project.

We need a little more info to work with mate, post pictures if you can.

KP

Try here:

As asked above............What parts are you looking for?

Hey I have Toyota Corolla T2 - 1.4VVT-i. I want to get a decent sound system with sub and amp, tints, rims and an alarm system. I will go into performance parts soon, not just yet as I have to save up a bit more. Also I want HID lights.

Well all of those are possible, the sound system being the toughest on the E12 Corollas seeing as you will be needing to get a Double-Din Head-Unit which requires a modified Fascia, nrgizerbunny can help with that.

HID's are fairly common and eBay is the place people tend to go for them, they are cheap and effective, much better than the stuff they sell on HIDS4U which is notorious for having failing ballasts.

Tints are dependent upon where you live, for example around the Milton Keynes area the police tend not to be so harsh on tints so we are ok with the dark tints on the CTS, but in other areas you will be asked to peel them off by the side of the road. A full set of rear tints cost me £170 including a Sunstrip on the windscreen.

Rims.... well you can go just about anywhere for rims. :P

KP

Well all of those are possible, the sound system being the toughest on the E12 Corollas seeing as you will be needing to get a Double-Din Head-Unit which requires a modified Fascia, nrgizerbunny can help with that.

HID's are fairly common and eBay is the place people tend to go for them, they are cheap and effective, much better than the stuff they sell on HIDS4U which is notorious for having failing ballasts.

Tints are dependent upon where you live, for example around the Milton Keynes area the police tend not to be so harsh on tints so we are ok with the dark tints on the CTS, but in other areas you will be asked to peel them off by the side of the road. A full set of rear tints cost me £170 including a Sunstrip on the windscreen.

Rims.... well you can go just about anywhere for rims. :P

KP

Thanks for the heads up KP, any recommendations for a double din? Nothing over £200, also to get a new head unit does the whole dash board have to be taken off and roughly how long to fit?. I shall post pictures soon.

No problem mate. I am not aware of the pricing but IIRC you are looking at something around £200 for an Alpine HU. You don't need to take the dash off, just the fascia around it. It's the modifying it that takes time and effort. Agian speak to nrgizerbunny as he knows it all with that stuff, definitely your man. I do more with mechanics and bodywork :P

No problem mate. I am not aware of the pricing but IIRC you are looking at something around £200 for an Alpine HU. You don't need to take the dash off, just the fascia around it. It's the modifying it that takes time and effort. Agian speak to nrgizerbunny as he knows it all with that stuff, definitely your man. I do more with mechanics and bodywork :P

Is that £200 for alpine double din? I shall message him later. I will message you too KP if I'm in need of other help. Thanks

ok No problem, well I am not sure about the DD HU... thing is they are the only thing you can fit IIRC.

A single din headunit will fit too you will need a fascia panel too.

If your looking at double din then man-bing has installed one too. I also have a double din headunit, prices can vary but new decent brands can cost between £400 - £900 depending on what your after, i have a eonon dd headunit cost about £240 but i would reccomend buying a reputable brand.