Do Not Sell My Personal Information

U480 Code Reader

The Cav

i have ordered a U480 code reader from eBay to use on my toyota 2.2 diesel Avensis Tspirt 2006,my lads VW bora and the daughters Astra 1.6 sxi

are they any good and do what they say on the tin

i have ordered a U480 code reader from Ebay to use on my toyota 2.2 diesel Avensis Tspirt 2006,my lads VW bora and the daughters Astra 1.6 sxi

are they any good and do what they say on the tin

Hi mate, there are some good reviews on the net especially in the USA so you should be ok, seems like a good buy at around £25(ish) inc p&p, but please come back and let us know how it turns out for you.

PS. You were up 'til late last night!;).

Regards Pete.

the u480 arrived today

i immediately plugged it into my t spirit and it worked no faults found etc

also the same with my sons 2000 bora it read the memory etc and found no problems there so it seems to be OK

will know more when it has to be used in anger...lol

To The Cav.

I have a U581 version, which i keep in the boot of the car. I believe both models have been deleted for newer versions. I would give them 90% out of 100, they have a very good back up network with a forum for sharing info & a facility to upload latest data to keep them up to date. Just one gripe, they most certainly do not detect protocal (Canbus) on all makes as suggested on box, VAUXHALL being a problem, i have never found a Vauxhall jet that code reader will talk to. But they are not top end diagnostics equipment, so you cannot have everything from lower end models. But i would certainly recommend them.

Regards, Beagh.

PS: go to www.talktomycar.co.uk for more info.

Latest Update

The U480 Fault reader seems to work on all 3 cars I've plugged into To Date

1:- Toyota Avensis 2.2 diesel T Spirit (2006-06 Reg)

2:- VW Bora 1.6s (2000-X Reg)

3:- Vauxhall Astra 1.6 SXI (2006-56 Reg)

Now in all cases its read the memory and found no faults(as expected because there are no engine check lights showing on any of the cars)

but interestingly it read the Vin number of my daughters Astra Sxi (not available on the bora or Avensis)

so all looks good ,proof will be when one of the motors shows a problem.....(the VW Bora from past experiences is the favourite to develop a problem 1st)

WILL KEEP YOU GUYS INFORMED

All in all though it seems the U480 Reader is good value for £20+£4.99 p+p