Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tonneau Cover

tonneau

I have contacted Toyota as the plastic lug on the tonneau cover has snapped off. I believe this is a design issue as the lug should be metal. They tell me this is not a known issue.

How many other people have had a similar issue as I struggle to believe this is not a regular problem

The cover in my car is fine and the lugs appear up to the job :yes:

[Hi there

I bought a D4D 2.2 tourer three weeks ago, the load cover lug on one side is missing, I used a small piece of alloy tube with a self tapper through the middle to screw into the metal strip that runs through the piece you pull out, then covered the tube with black tape. You dont notice the repair. This must be a common problem as two other estates I viewed were showing the same damage. The two devices for holding the net are also flimsy and one is missing its cover.

Ive a 58 reg Mine snapped off, Toyota dealer replaced it FOC, it is a known issue, several of our company cars have done the same.

peter.

Hi

i havr tried a heath robinson fix so fingers crossed

thank you

[Hi there

I bought a D4D 2.2 tourer three weeks ago, the load cover lug on one side is missing, I used a small piece of alloy tube with a self tapper through the middle to screw into the metal strip that runs through the piece you pull out, then covered the tube with black tape. You dont notice the repair. This must be a common problem as two other estates I viewed were showing the same damage. The two devices for holding the net are also flimsy and one is missing its cover.

Hi

which dealer as Toyota are saying this is not a known issue

regards

Ive a 58 reg Mine snapped off, Toyota dealer replaced it FOC, it is a known issue, several of our company cars have done the same.

peter.

Hi

regards

peter.

That was RMB in Darlington. They also said the rear lights filling with water, wasnt a known issue, 4 of ours did it, and they reoplaced both rear clusters FOC.

peter.

thsnk you, good to know

Hi

regards

peter.

That was RMB in Darlington. They also said the rear lights filling with water, wasnt a known issue, 4 of ours did it, and they reoplaced both rear clusters FOC.

peter.

• 2 months later...

Hi all

The lug broke of my D4D '55 reg at the weekend. I spoke to my local dealer and they said that the 'lug' wasn't a listed part, they could only see the entire tonneau cover but they could see the lug on other cars!

Need to get the toyota part number....

Rod

• 11 months later...

Both lugs on mine broke. One dealer has quoted £200 for a whole new cover unit and another £8 for a bracket? A part number for the plastic lug would be very useful if anyone has it. Maybe it is the same as another model??

I have contacted Toyota as the plastic lug on the tonneau cover has snapped off. I believe this is a design issue as the lug should be metal. They tell me this is not a known issue.

How many other people have had a similar issue as I struggle to believe this is not a regular problem

Yep!!!... Mine has the same problem with my Avensis T-180 estste! !Removed! awful design :wacko:

Hi

regards

peter.

peter.

Now that is a good heads up re the tail lights as mine does this on the offside. Is that covered even on a 2007 year car now?

The lugs on my tonneau cover both broke off. Kept the bits, and eventually reattached them with self-tapping screws & various glues. Seems ok.

When I went to pick up my "new to me" estate, the lugs had broken off that too. So I swapped my old one over before leaving the garage.

I agree this is a poor design.

• 1 year later...

Hi guys, sorry to dig up an old thread, but did anyone manage to find a part number for these little blighters? Just bought a '56 Avensis tourer and they're broke. :-(

Thanks.

they aren't available.

Luckily when mine broke I was able to epoxy the parts back together.