Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parking Sensors

webleymk3

Had new parking sensors put onto the rav when I bought it and I'm already having issues. Put it into reverse and it beeps like there is something right behind me.

I've had a look and sensor 1 (right) is covered in mud and dirt and seems to be where the issue is. This raises two issues. 1. Should the sensors not be sealed units that can handle the wet? 2. The back right mud guard is skinny and only covers about 2/3 of the wheel. As such there is spray off the road going up behind the bumper soaking the back of the sensor.

I'm obviously going to take it in under warranty but thought I'd enquire as to whether any of you have experienced this and also can share any thoughts on the skinny mud guard.

Thanks

Dave

Had new parking sensors put onto the rav when I bought it and I'm already having issues. Put it into reverse and it beeps like there is something right behind me.

I've had a look and sensor 1 (right) is covered in mud and dirt and seems to be where the issue is. This raises two issues. 1. Should the sensors not be sealed units that can handle the wet? 2. The back right mud guard is skinny and only covers about 2/3 of the wheel. As such there is spray off the road going up behind the bumper soaking the back of the sensor.

I'm obviously going to take it in under warranty but thought I'd enquire as to whether any of you have experienced this and also can share any thoughts on the skinny mud guard.

Thanks

Dave

Thanks Mick but no chance. They we brand new added to the car 1 week ago.

Will be going back for fixing!

Mine beeps when I first put it in reverse. I think it might be normal? It stops when I start moving then reacts as you'd expect when it sees something.

Dave

If there is even a spec of dirt inside that little ring they will bleep. Have a good look before taking it back.